HA reads status from Pioneer AV receiver but doesn't control it

Hi ,
I have Hassbian 0.61.1 on Pi 2.
I’ve defined media player platform pionner with my AV receiver IP address.
When I log in HA front end , I see that status of the pioneer receiver (on / off , input selected) and when I’m changing something in the receiver , the status changes on the HA front end also.

The problem is that no command is being sent to the AV receiver , turn on / off… nothing affect it.

I’ve tried changing the port in the configuration from 23 to 8102 but it acts the same , read status but doesn’t send commands…

Any idea why it happens ?

I am running 0.61.1 and my pioneer VSX-45 is operating perfectly with platform: pioneer. I can get status, change HDM I source, mute and change volume. I’m using port 23. Check your log, there are times I have seen the Pioneer refuse the connection. This is not a persistent condition.

Were you ever able to resolve this. I’m currently running 0.82.1 and my Pioneer VSX-1025 shows up in the overview with all of its sources. Attempting to make any change has no effect whatsoever on the receiver itself.
I have tested with a telnet connection to confirm the port as well as the codes used in the pioneer.py file.

The following error is the only thing I could find and this only seems to occur when I use the developer services tool.

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 224, in _handle_service_platform_call
await getattr(entity, func)(**data)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/pioneer.py”, line 219, in select_source
self.telnet_command(self._source_name_to_number.get(source) + “FN”)
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: ‘NoneType’ and ‘str’