HA Server Recommendation?

Awesome! Thank you @aimc. I wish I had come across that sooner, but I can always try the laptop again and see how it goes.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Thank you @aimc for sharing.

I’ve been thinking on give my HA intallation some more space and this looks like a good jump from the RPI3 to the next level.

Have you had any issue in this time?

also, would like to know from others … any other set up to analyze before making the investment on the ASRock?

do we all the rest have HA in RPI?

thanks for sharing!!

I have been very happy with the ASRock. It sits under my TV and is as quiet as the PI, but noticeably more powerful - I notice it particularly when compiling. It runs Ubuntu flawlessly, works with my ZWave stick and runs Home Assistant as well as my other bits and peices without missing a beat, and is also my main dev machine. In every way it is a great upgrade from the PI and is just what I wanted and well worth the price IMO.

1 Like

Cool, sounds very promising.

I’m going to use it to virtualize some stuff with Docker (HA among other stuff). Already have Graphana & Influx for HA and everything goes super cool but … It’s in a very old laptop and I run out of resources when I add hugs like the mySQL or HA …

Good opportunity to upgrade :slight_smile:

2 Likes