HA Slow on RPI 4?

Hi All
Recently HA on the mobile app seems very slow. It seems that when I open the app I get the “could not reach Home Assistant” page most times.
The options that I get are “refresh external url”, “wait” and one other that I can’t remember. If I wait a few seconds after this screen the UI does appear.
It used to always be super fast.
I have recently moved HA from a virtual machine on a Synology box to a RPI 4 with an SSD but I don’t know if it started being slow when I did this. It might be related to an app version update.
I have also noticed sometimes that automations are slow to fire. I press the button and it takes a few seconds for the garage door to open - but there could be multiple reasons for this and it’s not just HA performance related.

The RPI 4 should be plenty capable of running HA speedily shouldn’t it?
Any pointers to see what is slowing this down?
Thanks

Possibly this?

1 Like

Yup, sounds like my issue. Thanks

I was going to suggest immediately creating a full backup and download the file to a different device as the usual reaction is the uSD card is dying, creating data write delays and multiple retries at reading bad cells. You mention running on a SSD, so data corruption is less likely, but I’d still download a backup just in case.

Try a different USB dock? The SSD dock is connected to a BLUE USB-2 port isn’t it? Test the SSD on a desktop?

EDIT: MaxK posts an interesting issue link - might even have seen this myself last night on a client’s system - a web login from FireFox worked, whereas the Android app didn’t.