HA SmartThings Configuration example?

Hi all. I apologize, I’m a bit of a HA newbie and am trying to figure the different pieces out. I currently have Home Assistant running as a container in my Raspberry Pi k3s cluster.

I quickly found out that this method does not provide the ‘supervisor’ that a lot of the documentation references. This is fine, but I’m having a very difficult time getting SmartThings integrated.

I did sign up for HA cloud to make webhooks easier, and attempt to add my SmartThings Hub via integrations in the GUI. I’m prompted with a window that asks me to confirm my webhook, though it’s incorrect. According to the documentation, I need to edit the configuration to fix this.

Again, that’s cool. However, my configuration.yaml file is pretty basic and I don’t see any actual examples of how to configure these values (webhook, token) for SmartThings anywhere.

Could someone please point me to documentation for how to do this or a real life example?

Take a look at this thread for some ideas to get it working

Hey, thank you for that. One of the comments had mentioned a .storage directory. I removed ‘smartthings’ from that, and the integration worked!

1 Like