HA stability - experiences. Came here from competitor

This thread clearly shows that people have different conceptions of stability. I mean some people were happy with windows 95 while the internet was being run by the fantastically stable and secure openbsd.

Instability caused by an update is one thing, but on any particular release I see stability, in that if you leave it alone HA never needs restarting. Other than that it chugs along turning on and off my lights and HVAC, measuring my power usage, telling me when the tide will be high, when to put the bins out and what the weather will be and has been, showing me my cameras and when my packages will be here, turns my speakers off so I don’t wake people up and turns them on when they need to wake up. That is stable IMHO.

Spoke too soon hahahahah the latest release is breaking my system…that is why backup + backup + backup is important.

Nothing broken that I have seen yet.

I got problem in multimedia issue. Some of my lovelace is now gone.

What is broken? I feel like people always exaggerate that the system is broken, but then it’s just an integration or some small thing not working. For me a broken system doesn’t run anymore or a large and vital part of it doesn’t work as expected.

Mostly it is caused by custom cards. Like Atomic Calendar. There are updates available in HACS.

In my case some of my lovelace is gone or blank. Trying to insert it manually did not help. At the moment I just restore my proxmox to the previous version.

First tab

2nd and 3rd tabs is now just blank

2nd tab looks on previous version

Oh the new TUYA working on my system, so that did not give me problem

I dont think so.

Well, many people had this, and it was so. So just check…

Atomic Calendar is being inform though from the logs. In my case there are no warning or error. it just disappear.

Atomic calendar released an quick update yesterday, because it caused issues, like the ones, you describe… and other custom cards are suspected too…

I assume all the cards that are not working are custom cards? Because that’s not part of Home Assistant Core

are you using custom cards, mini media player for one, if so update it

1 Like

The issues found yesterday affected also native cards, if next to it custom cards were used.

I had this also with Atomic Calendar, that did my native Media players disappear. Yesterdays update of Atomic fixed that.

yup I guest the double update the card again. Thanks

I was using OH some time ago, but moved to HA more than 2 years ago.
I have 68 lights, 65 switches, 600 sensors, 200 binary sensors, 15 Add-ons, some custom components and a lot of automations (all my lights are automated quite complex for examle - I do this in python with AppDaemon).
And I run KNX, ZigBee, Onewire, Modbus, esphome and some other stuff. All this is running on a 180€ NUC and I’m very happy.
The only case I had stability issues was when I was testing a custom component (=> not developed by HA-Team). But you cannot accuse HA for that. I removed it, and stability was great again.
So in my opinion, yes there are frequent core updates, but if you read the breaking changes and run a config-check before the update (there’s an add-on for that), this has never been a problem for me.

I forget to refresh… after refresh everything is gone. I guess something is making a problem gotta to do with HACS. Which already being update to the latest

Or wait for the inevitable patches to drop before updating :wink:

I just updated to 2021.10,7 :smiley:

1 Like

not sure how hacs could be the problem

no… I mean its addon… not HACS… my bad