HA stops reporting Wink state changes

If someone knows how to go back several versions, that might be helpful to narrow this down? I’m using arch AUR and I don’t have the ability AFAIK.

https://github.com/python-wink/python-wink/pull/76

So I am having success getting local control working as you can see from the link above. This may help in getting some of these bugs worked out for those having problems. Might be able to do some sort of hub polling vs pubnub updates to device states. Although this only works for some devices not all.

2 Likes

This is in relation to that subreddit thread, right? Nice!!!

Yeah he has been working on it for a couple weeks and just sent me his findings yesterday.

1 Like

<3 for local control but :frowning: no speed change.

I have had my rooted hub and was struggling to figure out how the access tokens were generated but looks like you all have that figured out.

Did these issues settle down?

I am seeing a problem where my first trigger of opening or closing a door does not show up in HA but after that everything starts to work again.

Mine is still not showing the states changing for any wink hub controlled items.

@Dayve67 @rabittn where are you located? I still don’t have any problems and I know others don’t either. I wonder if you are on a different pubnub server and maybe there is an issues with it? I’ll try to figure out a resubscription service soon and worse case you can setup an automation to resubscribe to pubnub every 6 hours.

Also pretty constantly broken for me. I’m in the pacific north west

I’m in Ontario Canada. The thing is if open the wink app and toggle a light with the app its good for awhile.
If you have an automation in mine I would like to try it out if nothing else works.

I thought toggling fixed it too, but then I toggled and toggled back and realized it would still not track properly, IIRC maybe it was when other than HA methods were used to toggle. ie; the lightswitch itself, the wink app changes would not be reflected in HA. I’m a little fuzzy as this was some weeks ago.

I’m still having the state issue. If I open up the wink app and toggle something, it begins reporting state correctly again for several hours. I’m located in Texas.

Same problem. I’m in Pennsylvania.

Probably not the server then, I am in Kentucky and I think I am on the eastern pubnub server chance are you are as well.

I am in Pennsylvania as well and am having the issue. Currently have an automation to restart home assistant every 6 hours. Not ideal, but works for now.

@w1ll1am23 let me know if you need someone to test the resubscription service once you get it up and running.

Could you post how you’re restarting?

We are a few .(dot) versions behind on the python pubnub library. Pubnub just pushed an update into their master branch yesterday. I am going to update HomeAssistant to use their newest version as soon as they push it to pypi. Once that do that if anyone having the problem could test out dev that would be great.

I have a dev version running that I can test on. Let me know once you update.

Code for automation is below:

alias: Restart HA
trigger:
  platform: time
  hours: '/6'
  minutes: 00
  seconds: 00
action:
  service: homeassistant.restart
1 Like

Thank you for this update on the Pubnub library.
I updated yesterday my HA scripts to call the “Refresh state from Wink” service before a scheduled light change and 10 seconds after a light change to keep the wink status synchronized.
I had problems to call this service out of a script because the service name is containing spaces between the words instead of underscores.
Not sure if I’m missing something but I updated my wink.py for now so that the service name is “Refresh_state_from_Wink”.
So far that is fixing my Sync issue.