HA Supervised / Debian11 - UI not opening after Restore on a different machine > Router port FW!

Don’t know if it is the right place, but can’t find other

I’m trying to migrate from RPi where HA Supervised was running to NUC with Debian with HA Supervised.

Installation was fine, but after restore of backup Home Assistant UI is not responding (despite port 8123 being opened):

while observer is responding with green!

I found no relevant logs (to address further investigations) in:

ha core logs

or

ha supervisor logs

Somebody can help?
Thanks in advance to anybody who will contribute!

what do you see in /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant ? Is there a homeassistant.log ?

Hello Francis:

2023-04-26 18:19:03.748 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-04-26 18:19:14.449 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of bluetooth is taking over 10 seconds.
2023-04-26 18:19:29.206 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] You have 'AitorDB/home-assistant-sun-card' installed with HACS this repository has been removed from HACS, please consider removing it. Removal reason (Repository is archived)

This is the full content of home-assistant.log

Thanks

Rename your custom_components folder to something else, and do a ‘ha core restart’

after rename / restart ha core logs says:

s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun home-assistant (no readiness notification)
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
2023-04-26 20:05:04.014 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of bluetooth is taking over 10 seconds.
2023-04-26 20:05:10.727 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for hacs: Integration not found.

If I switch back

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun home-assistant (no readiness notification)
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
2023-04-26 20:09:25.129 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-04-26 20:09:35.824 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of bluetooth is taking over 10 seconds.

No other significant changes, in the UI, I mean
Thanks

My Debian with HA Supervised doesn’t look like this, which documents are you using to installed.
I only have this interfaced if I go through terminal and SSH addon.

I just followed this guide:

[Installing Home Assistant Supervised on Debian 11]

The only way for me to interact is via command line, since I cannot access via the web interface.

When you boot up Debian, how do you get to the HA console. Even using ssh you will only get to the regular console.
Are you trying to go the HA website from the same machine?

Yes, but the home assistant UI (x.x.x.x:8123) is not accessible from anywhere, same machine, same network, …

Have you tried http://192.168.1.108:8123 ?

Hi nickrout
I have tried all the following, with corresponding results

1. http://192.168.1.1.08:8123 > The connection was reset
  2. http://iWallyHP.local:8123 > The connection was reset
  3. http://homeassistant.local:8123 > Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

for 1 and 2, if I change to :4357 the observer responds

|Supervisor:|Connected|
|Supported:|Supported|
|Healthy:|Healthy|

Thanks

Can only suggest clearing your browser cache.

Done, nothing usefull …

Must be something in your backup.

Maybe external_url or internal_url

If you stop ha, then delete the contents of /config/ you’ll be back to the start.

Hello nickrout,
You said:

and that helped me to find the problem!

1. I had set internal_url same as external_url: so my HA is not responding on 192.168.1.108:8123, just on mydomain.duckdns.org:8123

2. I had given the same fixed IP to my new server there.
    But my router does forwarding with MAC address, not only IP address.
    In the end even calls with URL mydomain.duckdns.org:8123 were lost …

Hope nobody of you might go through the same issue: you could feel somewhere in between happyness and dumbness! I spent a lot of time investigating addons, HACS, ha core logs, … the problem was in the router!!!

1 Like