HA SwitchPlate HASPone: DIY In-Wall Touchscreen Home Assistant Controller

Hi every time i restart Automations i get this error message. I have 4 HASPOne devices and all off them is working perfect. I can’t read from the log details what is wrong here ? Any one have a sugestion ?

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: components/blueprint/models.py:159
First occurred: 17 March 2021, 15:42:40 (80 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:01:34

Invalid config for [automation]: Missing input haspdevice (See ?, line ?).
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 85, in _try_async_validate_config_item
    config = await async_validate_config_item(hass, config, full_config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 59, in async_validate_config_item
    return await blueprints.async_inputs_from_config(config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/blueprint/models.py", line 298, in async_inputs_from_config
    inputs.validate()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/blueprint/models.py", line 159, in validate
    raise MissingInput(self.blueprint.domain, self.blueprint.name, missing)
homeassistant.components.blueprint.errors.MissingInput: Missing input haspdevice

Hi Luma, I have a HASP unit which I have renamed, and although the new name appears in the drop down on the blueprints, the old name still shows up.

There also, for some reason, seems to be 4 drop down options for the old name!

Under Configuration > Devices you can find any old/unused names and delete them there.

Thanks Luma

A 4.3" LCD (capacitive) with some kind of old Intel “edison” iot stuff with memory that wears out once it’s written to too many times. I haven’t torn one completely down yet. It’s all a very nice package when it comes to build and appearance though. Looks like there could be enough room though.

Or one like this could be set under with a bezel into a single gang.

Different project, but maybe you can adapt this one to work with the Nextion display? Mine is a 2.8" 640x480 IPS TFT for which I’ve designed a Lutron Claro-style switchplate. You’d need to 3D print the parts, but when painted in gloss white, they are nearly indistinguishable from the Lutron ones.

2 Likes

Amazing project.
What I’d like to ask is if this can be adapted to work with a larger Nextion display.
I have a 4.3 on hand and I’m keen to start having it control my home.
I started going down the path of building the pages for the screen using Nextion Editor and using ESPHome for the coding, and I have made some progress but am still a little way from a functioning prototype.
If this adapts up to a larger size screen that would be awesome.
Otherwise, if anyone can point me to any resources for using a Nextion Display with ESPHome that would also be appreciated big time.

Yes you can.

Fantastic news!
I shall get right on that!
WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Admittedly this is a long thread to read, but let me shortcut you to this post HA SwitchPlate HASPone: DIY In-Wall Touchscreen Home Assistant Controller

One huge advantage to utilizing blueprints is that the core software projects (ESP firmware, Nextion firmware, and the blueprints) are now mostly-decoupled, such that I can build smaller, more-frequent releases without impacting all the other stuff. We’ve had a few bugfixes in the ESP codebase, so I figured it’s time to release these changes in case anyone else encounters the bugs that have been addressed.

Expect this to be the pace of things in the future, more frequent, smaller updates that should be (in most cases) non-disruptive.

HASPone v1.01

New features

• Add reboot on touch while waiting for WiFi or MQTT connect

Bug fixes

• Remove MQTT and telnet loop process while handling Nextion ACKs
  • Prevent writes to EEPROM on WiFi init
1 Like

Have moved to Blueprints on three Haspone devices and have two issues.
(love BPs but would like to be able to copy configured BPs from one device to another)

Issue 1
Haspone 1 and 2 are working fine (except for issue 2) but Haspone 3 does not have any icons for clock, calendar, temp, and weather. I did the same implementation of Blueprints (I think) and have repeated this with Haspone 3. Sure I screwed up something. A bit lost as to the issue now.

Issue 2
Using ‘HASP p[x].b[x] displays a toggle button’ I am unable to get word wrap (Text wrap
Enable line-wrapping text if too long to fit in the button.) to work. I have tried all fonts that allow 2 lines but am unable to get the toggle to slide right to ON at the bottom of that BP.
I have searched and found a solution by others of ‘//r’ but have no idea how to implement.
Any hope is appreciated.

Can you provide any debug logging for either of these issues?

On issue 2, what exactly are you sending to the device, and how does it display? Note that “text wrap” is not quite the same as “word wrap”. This is a built-in Nextion function and it will split the text input in the middle of the word if the text is too wide for the button it’s being placed in. Finally, you can insert \\r into your text to force a newline, like this: Line 1\\rLine2

Thank you for your quick reply.
Issue 1
I was able to get my #3 unit to take the code by starting completely over a second time. But in doing so noticed I have a 2nd unit of the same name “HASwitchPlate_3”. This was below the screen line and had to move the window up to see it. I believe this was caused when I replaced the D1 mini. I did this before moving from old Automations to new Blueprints. This unit’s display went blank after a power failure (High Winds). The 5v input would cycle from 2-5 vdc twice a second. I disconnected the display thinking it was the cause but still had the issue. Changed P/S no help. Replacing the D1 fixed this issue.
Anyway, I believe this was the cause of the two same device names as I did use the same name thinking if would just overwrite. So starting over and using the second of the two same #3 names worked. Would love to know how to remove that duplicate device name.
Issue 2
Using the blueprint (HASP2 p[6].b[6] displays a toggle button) and placing the
text C-Lite//rWndw ON I get C-Lite// on the display button before it runs out of room. I had tried that and assumed I was doing it wrong. I also set test to start at top and left. I still can’t toggle the Text Wrap button at the bottom to ON.
Sure it’s me but just don’t know what I’m missing.

//r is not \\r

Oh Man… Right you are. Dyslexia strikes again. Thank you…

1 Like

Apologies if this has already been addressed somewhere in this thread but wondering whether it’s possible to set a dimming effect/action for the panel itself. I know you can set the brightness of the panel but I would like have something more dynamic. For example, when the panel is touched, it goes to 100% brightness, for example, but when it’s idle for say 2 minutes, it automatically adjusts down to 70% (or whatever). Is that doable?

Is this file still good with the new version

Sure can! Check out the Dim When Idle blueprint:
Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Yup, all of the TFT files in the project have been updated to LCD version 3.