HA SwitchPlate HASPone: DIY In-Wall Touchscreen Home Assistant Controller

unknown I am afraid. Searching this now long thread is a possibilty.

1 Like

Iā€™m planing on adding a ā€œmenuā€ page. If youā€™re on the Time/Weather page you can access it by pressing the page 1 button again. From there you can then get to 4 other pages.
Any suggestions what would be practical to have as options?

The page will roughly look this:
Play%20BigArtboard%201

Depends what you are controlling/observing, but media? weather?

Sliders may not mean much to some people - what the sliders are controlling may be a better name, eg volume, temperature etc,

Media, weather and toggles are already integrated in die navigation bar, as you can see in the video of @madrian.

The labels are just placeholders for designing purposes. Those will be customizeable later on. So if youā€™re using the sliders page for light dimming, temperature, or volumes you can change it to your liking.

look further up i put a modified version on this thread for uk face plate

1 Like

I got my HASP from Derusha, have it setup the way I intended it, went to install it and it doesnā€™t fit in the electrical box. Its just a bit over 3" tall at the back and box is 3" if that. Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m going to have to take a Dremel to the nubs around the screws and see if that works.

Unfortunately no one can predict every electrical box in the world, hell you donā€™t even say where in the world you are!

There are so many ā€œstandardsā€ for these things. Drives you bloody crazy!

I suspect what you may have are ā€œold workā€ boxes, which are typically used in retrofit applications (adding a new box after drywall is up). These can be all manner of different shapes and most of them have obstructions at the top and bottom to allow for whatever mechanism they are using to fix themselves to the wall instead of nails (typically a rotating flange that holds the drywall).

These sorts of boxes donā€™t really adhere to any sort of standard, but I have published a model for the rear enclosure which is essentially the ā€œminimum viable enclosureā€ for the HASP. Itā€™s kinda flimsy, it requires supports to print, and it uses different M2 screws for mounting to the front piece, but itā€™s stripped down to the absolute minimum dimensions required to fit over the HASP electronics allowing for maximum clearance in your box.

Again, there are no guarantees w/ old work boxes but that model might be your best bet to get something that will work in your specific situation.

Thanks for the information. I donā€™t have a printer, so Iā€™ll improvise. Perhaps a box extender.

Is it possible to have one ā€œbuttonā€ used to display sensor data, ie from a temperature sensor?

Sure! The stock HASP weather automation does essentially what youā€™re asking. It looks like this:

You can have a look at my custom pages.
Either use those or just look at the yaml files and copy it.

Thanks Guys, got it working.

One other question, if I want to replace my 2.4in screen with a 3.2in, will it be a direct replacement, using the same code, or do I need difference code for the larger screen?

Hi,

@luma i have been trying to figure out something i know you have already covered this i kept on searching cannot find how to do it,

how do i change my clock in panel to 12 hour clock from 24 hour

Thanks in advance

The time is sent on to the panel on startup here and every minute here.

The time is formatted with strftime. The default automations should be using 12 hour time via the format string %I, that can be changed to 24 hour time with the string %H. Zero-padding via %-H apparently isnā€™t supported in this environment based on my (limited) testing.

@luma

thank you so much changing H to I worked perfectly,

built a UI around your HMI file will share shortly,

1 Like

i have something like this already working

then there are sliders status pages all options

1 Like

Are there mods you need to make to OPā€™s code if you wish to use a 3.5 inch display instead of the 2.5? 0 experience with nextron, would it be easy enough for someone to figure out by tinkering?

Im not seeing it in this thread.

HMI files are not directly compatible across screen sizes, but you can import the provided 2.4" HMI file into the Nextion editor and manually resize everything to the new screen size. So long as you arenā€™t changing the numbering of the objects (meaning, you donā€™t delete a button and replace it with a new, bigger button, but instead just resize each button in place), then the rest of the code should work as expected.

Is there a way to recover my password for the web application? May have forgotten it.