HA while on the go

Hi everyone
I am fully aware of the HA Cloud offering but dont want to be paying an ongoing fee.
What are my other options if I want to be receiving alerts, sending my GPS coordinates back to HA etc?

• VPN to home network?
  • External access to HA?

I like to be secure as well. Not sure how notifications would work if I enable 2FA? Also, is it possible to only allow certain MAC addresses (like running a firewall on HA) and drop others?

I found reverse proxy with the Lets Encrypt docker image (now it’s named swag) was relatively easy to get going for my install.

I am fully aware of the HA Cloud offering but dont want to be paying an ongoing fee.

Argo Tunnel (now free) is another option.

I’m going out onto the net with something along these lines, using a port forward of a random high port, and my own domain name that I pay for yearly (no duckdns). I also have a static IP from my ISP that costs me a few $ a year.

and

I 2nd SWAG (also running in a Docker container) going thru DuckDNS. There is plenty of documentation for the components of SWAG: Let’s Encrypt and NGINX. In fact, most of the programs you could think of using with a reverse proxy have a template in NGINX, pretty much all you have to do is fill in the specifics for your system.