Hacking the Silvercrest (Lidl/Tuya) Smart Home Gateway

Hi,

Where did you get the 8888 port ? I am unable to reach it when the gateway is up. Did I miss something ?

Kind regards,

Port 8888 is what the serialgateway runs on. See this page.

1 Like

I paired a lidl power socket but it seems to constantly loop into pairing mode. Did you get this behavior ?

Will try tomorrow, I have one but it’s in use at the moment :blush:

1 Like

I tried to pair a cube without success.

Power socket paired almost instantly, and it works fine:

I can have this interface but it does not respond to “on” “off” actions.

I can pair the gateway with the socket but the gateway constanly loop into pairing mode.

I tested one of those Lidl plugs too and It works ok on my setup - including control on/off.

Are the Tuya apps stopped on your device? Did you do any of the setup stuff with bellows? Is there anything in the HA log view?

I also tested a Lidl colour bulb just now using bellows…

# Setup network
bellows -d socket://192.168.1.86:8888 leave
touch test.db
bellows -d socket://192.168.1.86:8888 form -D test.db -c 22 -P 1111

# Allow devices to join for 30 s
bellows -d socket://192.168.1.86:8888 permit -D test.db

# Show devices we know about - remember the ID of one
bellows -d socket://192.168.1.86:8888 devices -D test.db

# Control the device (subst the info learned above)
bellows -d socket://192.168.1.86:8888 zcl -D test.db 58:8e:81:aa:fe:f2:1e:aa 1 6 command off
bellows -d socket://192.168.1.86:8888 zcl -D test.db 58:8e:81:aa:fe:f2:1e:aa 1 6 command on
1 Like

I think this is the list of compatible devices https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/tree/dev/zhaquirks + what is compliant with Zigbee Alliance.

Is it ZHA issue? Only battery level is seen.

Looks like ZHA doesn’t show all entities.

That remote doesn’t have entities besides the battery one (same as with deCONZ), it generates events.

I don’t know which events (for deCONZ, they emit deconz_event events) but I think you can find out from “Developer Tools > Events” (to the right of the page).

1 Like

I have setup my Home Assistant (Blue :grin: ), and added the Lidl Gateway, and now have a Sonoff SNZB-02 reporting temp and humidity. So, happy bunny time :rofl:
I’ve also added a Tasmota Sonoff device, and if I can work out how to get the TCP Smart WiFi plugs added, then this will be a really good day

it worked with tuayasmart too. I have this one.

I have a couple of devices that are supported by Zigbee2mqtt but not supported by ZHA. How can I request them for support? Z2M has a procedure for that. What about ZHA?

I guess you could raise a ticket on Github here, requesting support is added for those devices…(checking first, that they aren’t already in the works…

1 Like

Hi guys,

Quick question regarding the physical connection to the J1 connector of the Silvercrest gateway. Paul’s article describes that the J1 pinout is as follows:

Pin 1 = Vcc (3.3V)
Pin 2 = Ground
Pin 3 = U2 Serial TX
Pin 4 = U2 Serial RX
Pin 5 = ZigBee module ARM Debug SWDIO
Pin 6 = ZigBee module ARM Debug SWCLK

I currently assume that pin 1 is the one closest to the center of the board (please correct me if I’m wrong :slight_smile: )

Question: Which J1 pin should I connect to which FTDI FT232RL adapter pin?

The pinout labels are on the bottom of the board next to the test pads. To be sure I tested continuity from the test pads to the header but they are in the same order as the jumper pins. I dont know which pin is outside or inside, I just closed up my gateway again. Write it on a post-it inside in case you ever need to hook it up again.

edit: so tx goes to rx, rx to tx and gnd to gnd. Powering from external adapter is easier to cycle while keeping the UART open so leave the 3v3 unconnected. Be sure the configure the FTDI for 3v3 logic.

Hey,
I have the same issue. I receieve the linux terminal, but Keyboard is not working properly. Which UART USB connector are you using?

That’s probably a faulty converter or faulty cable, or bad soldering. The issue has gone when I replaced the converter.
I’ve got the full access using this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827321415.html

P.S.
You don’t need to plug 3.3v. Actually Rx, Tx and GND is enough. You can get power from USB connection. Just plug Rx, Tx and GND first and prepare the system. Then start the hub plugging USB cable to it.