Hacking the XiaomiFang Wifi camera

cool. mine does :slight_smile:

How long does it take to crash after streaming? Can it be related to other processes or it only happens when streaming?

there is a bug somewhere that means a process never returns, so HA sits waiting for ever…

I see. I also have shell command. Anyway, there must be some fatal combination that I were fortunate to do not have. It should be solved soon.

I’m not using shell, but it still locks up

I don’t think there is anything new there?

Anyone figured out how to pan/tilt the camera via HA?

Via mqtt messages which are automatically added to HA as covers.

2 Likes

I read somewhere (not sure if here, reddit or github) about a script to automatically restart the RTSP stream when it drops. Anyone able to help me out? I set one of these up last weekend, and it had been stable until this morning when it appears to have dropped.

how do you set up using tinycam pro?

does the auto night mode is working for xiaofang?
i cant seem to enable the motion detection either.

edit, i managet to get the auto night mode working in the custom hack.
but i cant seem to record.

after a while, it say “nok”.

any idea why?

It’s pretty straightforward, since in Tinycam there is an option for Xiaomi XiaoFang model (alerting to use hacked fw).

For audio integration in Tinycam, take a look Here.

To those having issues with the camera feed crashing, enable the swap file in run.sh
I also doubled the swapfile size.
No issues since.

1 Like

How did you get it working?

Not strictly HA related (not at all actually :slight_smile: ), but I have just got these cams to show on the Echo show.

I used a skill called monocle. Works a treat! It will need the monocle gateway installed locally, but the way it works only the internal feed url is transmitted to/from Amazon, so your cameras are not exposed to the internet.

Back on topic, I see we can pan/tilt with cover, has anyone got an example of an interface for this?

Thanks

mb

The pan/tilt is automatically added via mqtt.

1 Like

Yep I see it in states, just wondering if anyone had an example of a card for the UI

Cheers

mb

OK I see what you mean. It popped up automatically in my states config, but since moving to lovelace I haven’t worried about it.

I see this available: https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-slider-entity-row

1 Like

Interested in a Xiaomi Xiaomifang S1 as well. However it seems there is new version with a T20L CPU that is not supported by the hacks. Does somebody know where I can still buy the T20 cpu version?

I bought a Wyze Cam v2 from Micro Center last weekend and it was hackable.

1 Like