HACore Fail-Over

Hello, I am looking for some guidance/feasibility suggestions. I hope this makes sense and is understandable.

I want to run two instances of HACore on two separate RPi4s. One will be primary and the other will be secondary. Essentially the secondary will be a ‘fail-over’ system in case the primary instance hangs or fails. Only one instance of HACore will be running at one time. I remotely control the power through smart plugs running on Apple HomeKit.

I have a third RPi3B+ (Not HA) that will run MQTT. I will use zigbee2mqtt on HACore using the RPi3B+ backbone. When I switch off the Primary and start up the secondary everything should connect without an issue because both HACores point to the same RPi3B+. Each instance will get it’s devices/entities from the MQTT system. I have MariaDB operating this way too.

The problem I am running into now is Z-Wave. I have attempted to set up Zwave2Mqtt several times, but cannot get any devices showing in Configuration/Integration/MQTT (they do show up in the Zwave2Mqtt control panel). I have no ability to control any of my Z-Wave devices as none of them become entities in HA (perhaps I misunderstand how to use Zwave2Mqtt?)

What I am hoping to accomplish is to have my Z-Wave devices centrally controlled so that either of my HACore instances can point at it and will have control over the Z-Wave devices and I won’t need to disable Z-Wave devices on one HACore RPi4 and enable them on the ‘fail-over’ HACore RPi4. They will just automatically connect to the Z-Wave devices because they reside on the RPi3B+.

I am trying to create this solution because a couple of months ago I was out of the country and my lone instance of HACore failed. I had no way to continue controlling my home until I returned. Am I out in left field? Is what I am trying to do even possible?

I await your input and creative methods. Thank you.

This may help HAHA - Highly Available Home Assistant

Interesting. Thank you. I will check it out