HACs Updates seem bogus (started today)

Trying to figure out what is causing this behavior… I do not go into HACs often, just noticed this today

At first I just thought the devs changed their version format, but update didn’t do anything.
Then uninstalled, restarted HA, made sure custom_components was cleaned up, then reinstalled them followed by another restart.

Still having this issue…
Wanted to see if a Read Only Repository would cause this? (All 4 of these are RO now by the dev)

1 Like

so can’t create a ticket to the dev when the repo is Read Only.
For now, will be uninstalling them… hoping someone might have some info on these?
@mayker

was able to snag this screenshot wit the error message when clicking the UPDATE button, its just for a split second…

was able to verify the github repo ID is correct (view page source on github, search for octolytics-dimension-repository_id

<meta name="octolytics-dimension-user_login" content="maykar" /><meta name="octolytics-dimension-repository_id" content="303101606" />

Though I can’t speak to the HACs error, I can say that these have not been updated. I archived them all earlier today as, for quite some time now, I haven’t been active in the community and no longer use Plex, Radarr, Sonarr, etc. Apologies.

I received a few donations and subscriptions recently. I imagine this is because my projects have sprouted issues as HA advances and folks want updates/fixes. I didn’t want to take money for projects that I no longer contribute to and didn’t want to give the impression that these are still being worked on, so I refunded the donations and archived the projects.

2 Likes

so guessing since you achived them today, that is why I got this error today… HACs can no longer access whatever it wants from github. coincidently, all 4 of these are associated to you.

as a test would you be interested in taking 1 of these back out of archive mode to see if it corrects the issue? that would let me know if I need to fork your project and figure out how to add my own repo into HACs.

FYI adding your own fork of a repo will be as easy as creating the fork and then adding your fork as a custom repo in the HACS tab. Restart then search for it and install. Remove the original one first though.

thanks for the tip!.. I forked it, removed the old one and installed my github link.
This no longer throws the error… and since it isn’t broke, no need to fix anything within the integrations.

I’ll need to fork the other 3 now.

If you aren’t going to be changing anything then there is no reason to add it to HACS.

Just add it manually and be done with it.

HACS is for supported custom repositories that will be supplied to the community and maintained.

1 Like

That’s true.

HACS is useful for the updates. For a static repository just uninstall anytthing existing via HACS then copy the custom_components from the original repo and manually install them. Save having to have a fork at all.

1 Like

You have always been a stand-up guy in this community, and I appreciate all that you’ve done for everyone here with no expectation of anything in return. I don’t think you owe anyone an apology!

1 Like

That’s bad news… sorry to hear that you’re done with addons… i guess that you have your own reasons… i’m using kiosk and swipe, sooo… now what ? Is there any “replacement” for these addons?

they are integrations, not addons by the way.

You can continue to use them (can install them manually so you don’t get the warning in the logs about being archived as well) and hope they either don’t break in a future version of HA or that someone else forks them and picks up maintaining them.

1 Like