HADashboard in IOS 5.1.1

Sorry to rewake this old thread, but Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s been any progress on this issue? I happened top experience the same thing just lately when I found my old 1. gen iPad and set it up with HADashboard, having the same trouble with widgets not updating correctly. The clock widget functions, the time and date changes correctly, but sliders (under lights) does not show the correct percentage when moved. I have tried all other types of browser without luck.
It would be so cool if my old iPad could be used for this.

I managed to get it to work by swapping out the used websocket lib with socket.io that still works on older devices \o/

If ppl are interested i can make some patch files from the changed code

Iā€™d be interested in seeing what that looks like - Iā€™d want to make it selectable as an option in the config file, but if you have that working iā€™d be happy to accept a Pull Request!

Will see what i can do altho my patch is far from good its more a hack then production code

Its tested now and works for me.

After making my own custom media_player widget to include album art I discovered that my iPad 1 (IOS v5) did not update.

So, to test out these patches I built my own docker image including the patches, and it worked at once, media player updated including my album art as background image. Nice work :slight_smile:

git clone https://github.com/home-assistant/appdaemon.git 
cd appdaemon
git checkout master
git pull https://github.com/zarya/appdaemon.git socket_io
cd ..
docker image build appdaemon --tag frafall/appdaemon

Any tip how to install on the Hass.io?

Sorry, never ran hass.io

hello,
can someone explain how to install zarya/appdaemon files on a Raspberry PI? (I have HADashboard fully installed and working)

if you have HADashboard installed, you also have appdaemon installed, unless you have the old version from dashboard.

sure I have, but I want to get it work with old ios i.e. ipad 1 using the zarya patch for appdaemon

i guess you need to uninstall your appdaemon and install the fork from zarya.

I originally installed appdaemon using pip3 (sudo pip3 install appdaemon), not using docker.
I tried to copy manually the content of zarya/appdaemon directory to my original intallation of appdaemon of my raspberry pi in /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/appdaemon, but did not wok, I have this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/appdaemon", line 7, in <module>
    from appdaemon.admain import main
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/appdaemon/admain.py", line 21, in <module>
    import appdaemon.appdaemon as ad
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/appdaemon/appdaemon.py", line 21, in <module>
    import appdaemon.rundash as appdash
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/appdaemon/rundash.py", line 13, in <module>
    import socketio
ImportError: No module named 'socketio'

any help?

like i said, you need to uninstall and use the setup from the git from zarya.

Unfortunately, I donā€™t know how to uninstall, and reinstall zarya version of appdaemonā€¦ I donā€™t know how to install manually, I just typed ā€˜pip3 install appdaemonā€™ for thr original installation, so I donā€™t know how to install a different version unless someone explain a diffetent way.

i dont remember exactly. (has been a while)
you need to download the git, and then go to that dir and run the install.
but i am sure that @aimc knows exactly what to do and how to go on the best way with another fork.

Iā€™m looking into adding this into AppDaemon 3.0 so it might be easiest to wait a little while.

3 Likes

Any idea when the appdaemon will be available?

Hi @aimc,

Is it stil on the plan to version 3?

Thanks

Still mulling it over, but it is on my list yes.