HADashboard in IOS 5.1.1

Its tested now and works for me.

After making my own custom media_player widget to include album art I discovered that my iPad 1 (IOS v5) did not update.

So, to test out these patches I built my own docker image including the patches, and it worked at once, media player updated including my album art as background image. Nice work :slight_smile:

git clone https://github.com/home-assistant/appdaemon.git 
cd appdaemon
git checkout master
git pull https://github.com/zarya/appdaemon.git socket_io
cd ..
docker image build appdaemon --tag frafall/appdaemon

Any tip how to install on the Hass.io?

Sorry, never ran hass.io

hello,
can someone explain how to install zarya/appdaemon files on a Raspberry PI? (I have HADashboard fully installed and working)

if you have HADashboard installed, you also have appdaemon installed, unless you have the old version from dashboard.

sure I have, but I want to get it work with old ios i.e. ipad 1 using the zarya patch for appdaemon

i guess you need to uninstall your appdaemon and install the fork from zarya.

I originally installed appdaemon using pip3 (sudo pip3 install appdaemon), not using docker.
I tried to copy manually the content of zarya/appdaemon directory to my original intallation of appdaemon of my raspberry pi in /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/appdaemon, but did not wok, I have this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/appdaemon", line 7, in <module>
    from appdaemon.admain import main
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/appdaemon/admain.py", line 21, in <module>
    import appdaemon.appdaemon as ad
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/appdaemon/appdaemon.py", line 21, in <module>
    import appdaemon.rundash as appdash
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/appdaemon/rundash.py", line 13, in <module>
    import socketio
ImportError: No module named 'socketio'

any help?

like i said, you need to uninstall and use the setup from the git from zarya.

Unfortunately, I donā€™t know how to uninstall, and reinstall zarya version of appdaemonā€¦ I donā€™t know how to install manually, I just typed ā€˜pip3 install appdaemonā€™ for thr original installation, so I donā€™t know how to install a different version unless someone explain a diffetent way.

i dont remember exactly. (has been a while)
you need to download the git, and then go to that dir and run the install.
but i am sure that @aimc knows exactly what to do and how to go on the best way with another fork.

Iā€™m looking into adding this into AppDaemon 3.0 so it might be easiest to wait a little while.

3 Likes

Any idea when the appdaemon will be available?

Hi @aimc,

Is it stil on the plan to version 3?

Thanks

Still mulling it over, but it is on my list yes.

Hello, everybody.

I WAS having same problem with iOS 5.1.1, but managed to implement (if you can call this implementation) SockJS on AppDaemon version 3 and my iPad came back to use :slight_smile:
Here is a link to my repo: https://github.com/algirdasc/appdaemon
Iā€™m running AppDaemon in Docker, so you can build Docker image with create_docker_image.sh script.

2 Likes

Is it possible to use this with hass.io? Or do I need to alter the docker? Iā€™m also using an ipad1 and want to use websocket. Thanks

I cant tell for sure. Iā€™m just using AppDaemon as separate docker container and it works fine with my ipad and HA.

Iā€™m no expert in HASSIO docker but in the docker github page itā€™s possible to add python packages
. described here:

and the sockjs algirdasc uses is in the list

do i need to add something else to use this sockjs?