Hangouts Invalid Login

I never got this to work no matter what I did, I ended up setting up a Telegram Bot and I am happy.

Update: Google might not be (fully) killing Hangouts after all. Instead, it will be launching consumer versions of Hangouts Meet and Chat and eventually move users of the “classic” Hangouts to Hangouts Meet and Chat. A Google spokesperson sent us the following statement:

“In March 2017, we announced plans to evolve classic Hangouts to focus on two experiences that help bring teams together: Hangouts Chat and Hangouts Meet. Both Chat and Meet are available today for G Suite customers and will be made available for consumer users, too. We have not announced an official timeline for transitioning users from classic Hangouts to Chat and Meet. We are fully committed to supporting classic Hangouts users until everyone is successfully migrated to Chat and Meet.”

1 Like

I have this working on a hassbian install. (in the US) the only issue i have is about every 3-4 days i have to restart HA. i’m guessing some token is timing out or something after a few days. but other wise it works great and i have no issues. I send all kinds of alerts through it to my family’s phones and tablets.

1 Like

@ghvader, you are one of the lucky ones!

I just set up a Telegram bot as well.
Need to convince wife to install another messenger though. :neutral_face:

I am trying to login to hangouts but I cant. It says invalid login every time.
I am on a headless pi with Raspbian installed and HA in a virtual environment.
I am trying to configure Hangouts through my PC browser and have already tried the suggested link above to unlock the captcha but had no luck.
I had previously configured Hangouts with the same account, but I had to re install everything and now I cant make it work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ditto, worked once when function came out but then no luck, still no dice trying https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

@awarecan would you have any idea why this might be? seems a handful of users are affected…

tagged wrong person. You should ask @hobbypunk90

1 Like

Does anyone know if there exists local files that we can clear to ‘reset’ this config? I copied my whole config directory over and I think it caused some issues, hangouts included. It worked and now its broke with this issue.

I was able to use the method listed here to get Hangouts working for me:

1 Like

Has there been any update on this yet?
I have tried everything of the above including creating new accounts and the hangups method but nothing seems to work.

2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.view] Serving /api/config/config_entries/flow/3d51df9ba7d24ae78c1b92b84f1e9abd to 192.168.0.1 (auth: True)
2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hangups.auth] Authenticating with refresh token
2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hangups.auth] Failed to authenticate using refresh token: Refresh token not found
2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hangups.auth] Authenticating with credentials
2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hangups.auth] Submitting form on page ‘https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin’
2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hangups.auth] Page contains forms: [‘gaia_loginform’]
2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hangups.auth] Page contains inputs: [None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, ‘profile-information’, ‘session-state’, None, ‘_utf8’, ‘bgresponse’, ‘Email’, ‘Passwd-hidden’, ‘next’]
2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hangups.auth] Submitting form on page ‘https://accounts.google.com/signin/v1/lookup’
2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hangups.auth] Page contains forms: [‘gaia_loginform’]
2019-03-23 11:30:16 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hangups.auth] Page contains inputs: [None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, ‘profile-information’, ‘session-state’, ‘_utf8’, ‘bgresponse’, ‘Email-hidden’, ‘Passwd’, ‘signIn’, None]

1 Like

Update: Using firstof9’s method I am able to login using hangups perfectly well. Even in the virtual enviornment. But Hass does not want to login?

1 Like