HAOS random restarts when running on Proxmox

Your root cause to stability issues is actually Proxmox and problems with the N5105 series CPUs. I had similar problems with the N5095 cpu stability that started with Proxmox moving to kernerl 5.15.x, but mine resolved by updating the microcode in proxmox. I was struggling with instability issues since June timeframe, and couldnt keep things running for a day, until I was able to track down the below thread.

See this proxmox thread for details, some folks are reporting better stability with proxmox on 5.19 kernels and the latest microcode - VM freezes irregularly | Proxmox Support Forum

I have the same problem with HAOS in VM on Proxmox or Just HAOS on Intel N5105, I try all’ above suggestion with out fix the random restart.
On a mini PC with N5095 no issues.
Now I would like to try on Proxmox the Home Assistant container and use separate containers for the following addon :

• file editor
  • mosquitto broker
  • zigbee2mqtt
  • influxdb
  • grafana
  • glances
  • samba share
    Please who can help me for above containers installation and configuration?

Thanks in advance

Have a look here: https://tteck.github.io/Proxmox/

Same. MiniPC GK3V with Intel N5105.
Everyday restarts. I noticed this only two weeks later, when I added a card with lastboot.

Have you tried the newest kernel?

2 Likes

Haven’t tried anything yet, just found it. I was very upset, because I already organized a lot of entities and everything works the way it suits me. I’ll start making backups and try this option, thanks for the tip.

Thanks a lot, I’m using your valuable linke. Great jobs. Thanks a lot.

Hi.

Everything has been working stably for 2 days now, I conclude that the kernel update helped solve this problem. I didn’t even have to change anything, all my settings were saved!

I wanted to thank you at the Co-Fi service, but I’m getting a payment error bcs I’m from rus and paypal limits the payment options. As soon as the opportunity arises, I will definitely buy you coffee. For your work with scripts, and a great dark theme for proxmox. I like her very much. Thank you.

2 Likes

After rebooting 2-4 times in one hour in NUC PC, the β€œedge kernel” resolved the issue 100%. Thanks for support!

1 Like

After ~8 days of stable work, after proxmox system reboot, same issue…

I suggest trying the opt-in kernel from Proxmox as well as utilizing the most recent processor microcode.

Alternatively, you can proceed with utilizing Proxmox VE 8.

1 Like

Looks like need a subscription for updates. Any free alternatives to proxmox for running HA?

Proxmox Post Install Configuration

Proxmox VE is free

1 Like