HASS.Agent: Windows client to receive notifications, use commands, sensors, quick actions and more!

Great tip! Did a quick search and there appear to be a few ways I could programatically toggle focus assist.

Created a ticket: https://lab02research.youtrack.cloud/issue/hassagent-200

1 Like

Okay think I’m caught up here, if I missed something please let me know :heart:

2 Likes

I am wondering if there was a way to do it currently, maybe with a CustomCommand. Great if you are able to add a dedicated way of toggling it with a new feature though.

You might find some info here, there’s an autohotkey script you could use (and then trigger that script through hass.agent): autohotkey - How to assign a hotkey to enable/disable Focus Assist on Windows 10/11? - Super User

1 Like

Thanks. I did find that already, although it seemed quite convoluted. I’ve used AutoHotkey before and it’s really useful, but I was looking for a native way to do it. Might have a look at using this, although if you’re able to implement a proper way to do it programatically, then I may just wait for that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to update my previous post, I have since deployed a new OS and have just 1 powershell sensor added with a refresh rate of every 60 seconds. In task manager I can see powershell.exe being executed every 10 seconds.

Thanks for the update, I’ll let you know when I found something during debugging @benjani85

I have HASS.Agent set up and working on my HTPC. The media player integration is a godsend, and has dramatically simplified many of my automations. Thank you!!!

My question is around configuring power on/off options for the media player entity. I have WoL and a sleep script set up through HASS.Agent, and I would like to have these options show up as the power on/off options for the media player. This would allow me to use the media_player entity to control the HTPC. Is there any way to configure this?

2 Likes

We use an RMM agent at work called ScreenConnect which runs as SYSTEM which emulates a keyboard to send keypresses to bypass this and allow pasting functions for the login screen. Might be able to go down that route but running HASS as SYSTEM could raise a bunch of red flags for AV, and lose some of the user/notification functionality.

As for the reason reason I’m here, your agent showed up while I was trying to work out how to publish WMI results to MQTT so I can monitor my backup server (Logs an event that I can regex the hostname/status of, or I need to scrape an email and that just gets messy). I don’t need remote control or status (Glances does that for me), I purely just want to publish like 10 sensors running as a service, does this do what I think it does or is this more built around being a companion on a desktop?

Hi all. I am new to all these stuff and often I’m trying hard to figure out the obvious.
I try to make Hass agent and home assistant to speak each other.
I have installed 2022.14 version of Hass agent on a Lenovo Tablet running win10pro. I have also installed from HACS the agent which combines its both older integrations in HA
Which of these two is the broker? (win10 or HA)
How the configuration should be? What should be the IP/Hostname of the broker?
Is local API needed?
I ve tried first configuring HASS agent on win10 tablet and i set as broker IP the ip of the rpi running home assistant and the username and passwords of the HA account.
It seems that tries to connect unsuccessfully. Do i have to install anything more?
Obviously i am missing something and the communication cannot be establised.

:thinking:

Great app and addon there! I was wondering how I could tell Google to shut down the living room PC though, anybody succesful with that? I have a button in home assistant that works.

1 Like

Great work here!

I’ve seen other posts about external MQTT and pretty much it the same boat but mine is due to a work vpn.
I’d like to tell HA when I am logged in that way I can turn on some outlets to turn my monitors on.
Since I am on a work vpn is my only option to expose MQTT to the internet?
I don’t plan on doing that so can find another option but didn’t want to rule HASS Agent out for this purpose if there was another way.

1 Like

Not yet (not that I know of anyway), but it’s on my todo shortlist! It’s been requested often

The satellite service runs as SYSTEM, but that doesn’t change the fact. SC must’ve written a low-level driver to enable that kind of functionality.

Yep that will work, you can configure the satellite service with those sensors. Then you can even disable running hass.agent on login, so you’ll only need to start it when you want to tinker with the service.

https://hassagent.readthedocs.io/en/latest/introduction/#satellite-service

You can use the MQTT addon in HA as your broker, but at any rate, HASS.Agent is the client. Please read the docs for more info, it also links to a yt video about setting MQTT up in HA:

https://hassagent.readthedocs.io/en/latest/integration/configuration/
https://hassagent.readthedocs.io/en/latest/introduction/

If you publish the button (or maybe Google needs a switch?) to Google it should just work, I’ve had multiple users set that up already. Make sure the entity is being published, don’t know what HA’s default behavior is (maybe you need to manually enable it in the cloud config page).

Yea I’m afraid that looks like the only option. You’re probably better off using webhooks, and then trigger those using curl or the likes.

You could try using zerotier to connect, which is a 1:1 vpn (as opposed to 1:network) which can work alongside a regular vpn (not always though), and connect to HA’s zerotier address. Not tested this though. Don’t try tailscale, that’ll definitely not work.

1 Like

Is there a way to get the Windows accent color as a sensor? I have it set to automatic, and it changes with my wallpaper. It would be nice to have the hex/rgb color to use in automations.