HASS.Agent: Windows client to receive notifications, use commands, sensors, quick actions and more!

I am facing a problem.

When the media_player.computer is idle, the volume level is displayed incorrectly. It always displays as 0%. But after starting the media, the volume is displayed correctly. After turning off the media becomes 0% again.

At the same time, audio_default_device_volume sensor always shows the correct value.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks @flyinglow . Was going crazy figuring out why the last_active sensor sometimes work as expected and sometimes not. For me it was the ps4 controller.

1 Like

Hello everybody! I would really like to thank the author about this wonderful piece of software, that makes me integrate perfectly my pc into my HA setup :slight_smile: I am so happy for that!

I have a little question about the MQTT setup.

In the picture you can see the resulting MQTT from HASS.Agent: it publishes a lot of stuff under the topic “sensor”; “mexdell” il the name I gave to my pc, but what I notice is that duplicated topics are published, as “battery/battery_charge_status” and “battery_charge_status”.

I realized that the latter is the discovery topic (maybe) for HA, but since I am very very focused on the tidiness of my setup, I would like to know if is it possible to personalize how topic are structured!

Can anybody help me? :slight_smile:

Is anyone here using the hass.agent media player to play tts? If so, I need help.
My volume on my computer is set to 90%, that is where I like it. Of course, I don’t want the tts notifications blaring at me at 90%!! but the media_player volume is directly tied to the computer volume so when I set the media_player to a reasonable 20% for notifications, the computer volume gets set there too. I have made some work arounds by setting volume, delay 5 sec, play notifications, delay 5 sec, reset volume.

Would be so much better to have separate volumes for the hass.agent media_player…

Any ideas?

1 Like

In case anyone comes roaming through here in the future, function keys (e.g. F1, F2) don’t work above F12 for quick action hotkeys, even though they register when setting them up. All the regular ones work fine though!

1 Like

Today, when I logged into my Home Assistant instance, I saw a repair suggestion:

I have not fully integrated HASS.Agent yet in my instance (and this error is for some of my other entities) but wanted to check if any changes are needed for the integration.

1 Like

Hi @wwwescape, it’s being worked on and will get fixed before then :slight_smile: Thanks!

6 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation. :+1:

@SamKr :point_up: can I have your opinion on this? Do you think it’s feasible?

Thanks!

Hi @pgr, that does sound pretty doable yea. I’ve created a ticket, and I’ll see if I can squeeze it in with the coming beta.

1 Like

Does anyone know what Query String I need to use to detect HID devices for WMIQuery commands? The device I have is not connected via USB, and I only have the HID DeviceID (“HID\VID_045E&PID_028E&IG_00”).

Very disappointed to read this – I think your work on this project is outstanding, and it’s a real shame to see people criticising you for not responding instantly.

I’m sure everyone else will echo that this is a fantastically well-designed and well-built piece of software, and the level of support is awesome.

Thanks so much – and I have put my money where my mouth is and bought a coffee :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi did you or anyone else ever figure out the issue here (no image showing up) I have the exact same issue :frowning:

Seems it needs http://HAIP:Port added before what it’s getting from ha somehow. Not sure how to tell it to send this as well… ?

Hi - having issues with main computer re media player not showing - laptop shows.

Getting following errors in log, but shutdown, sleep etc all show and are working.

As a note I have changed the name of the computer in settings, rebooted, restarted HA and completely rebooted.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

2023-08-18 17:37:21.939 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.mixins] MQTT entity name starts with the device name in your config {‘availability_topic’: ‘homeassistant/sensor/PROMETHEUS/availability’, ‘command_topic’: ‘homeassistant/button/PROMETHEUS/PROMETHEUS_shutdown/set’, ‘unique_id’: ‘62768280-d40e-40c9-a060-8b636bf3b4bc’, ‘device’: {‘identifiers’: [‘hass.agent-PROMETHEUS’], ‘manufacturer’: ‘LAB02 Research’, ‘model’: ‘Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22621.0’, ‘name’: ‘PROMETHEUS’, ‘sw_version’: ‘2022.14.0’, ‘connections’: []}, ‘name’: ‘PROMETHEUS_shutdown’, ‘payload_press’: ‘PRESS’, ‘retain’: False, ‘enabled_by_default’: True, ‘payload_not_available’: ‘offline’, ‘availability_mode’: ‘latest’, ‘qos’: 0, ‘payload_available’: ‘online’, ‘encoding’: ‘utf-8’}, this is not expected. Please correct your configuration. The device name prefix will be stripped off the entity name and becomes ‘_shutdown’

2023-08-18 17:37:21.941 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.mixins] MQTT entity name starts with the device name in your config {‘availability_topic’: ‘homeassistant/sensor/PROMETHEUS/availability’, ‘command_topic’: ‘homeassistant/button/PROMETHEUS/PROMETHEUS_sleep/set’, ‘unique_id’: ‘f98ff0b0-cbb2-46f3-a53b-b40d73672c5b’, ‘device’: {‘identifiers’: [‘hass.agent-PROMETHEUS’], ‘manufacturer’: ‘LAB02 Research’, ‘model’: ‘Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22621.0’, ‘name’: ‘PROMETHEUS’, ‘sw_version’: ‘2022.14.0’, ‘connections’: []}, ‘name’: ‘PROMETHEUS_sleep’, ‘payload_press’: ‘PRESS’, ‘retain’: False, ‘enabled_by_default’: True, ‘payload_not_available’: ‘offline’, ‘availability_mode’: ‘latest’, ‘qos’: 0, ‘payload_available’: ‘online’, ‘encoding’: ‘utf-8’}, this is not expected. Please correct your configuration. The device name prefix will be stripped off the entity name and becomes ‘_sleep’

2023-08-18 17:37:21.944 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.mixins] MQTT entity name starts with the device name in your config {‘availability_topic’: ‘homeassistant/sensor/PROMETHEUS/availability’, ‘command_topic’: ‘homeassistant/button/PROMETHEUS/PROMETHEUS_restart/set’, ‘unique_id’: ‘b95c821c-26e3-4804-960a-2db2be85a954’, ‘device’: {‘identifiers’: [‘hass.agent-PROMETHEUS’], ‘manufacturer’: ‘LAB02 Research’, ‘model’: ‘Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22621.0’, ‘name’: ‘PROMETHEUS’, ‘sw_version’: ‘2022.14.0’, ‘connections’: []}, ‘name’: ‘PROMETHEUS_restart’, ‘payload_press’: ‘PRESS’, ‘retain’: False, ‘enabled_by_default’: True, ‘payload_not_available’: ‘offline’, ‘availability_mode’: ‘latest’, ‘qos’: 0, ‘payload_available’: ‘online’, ‘encoding’: ‘utf-8’}, this is not expected. Please correct your configuration. The device name prefix will be stripped off the entity name and becomes ‘_restart’

I’m in the same situation as @FPro on his previous comment
When on work VPN my laptop just blocks traffic towards local LAN, so I solved this by exposing my HA through a Cloudflare Zero Trust tunnel, but not sure how can I get MQTT to work with that… I guess the solution is to mqtt over websockets on mosquitto, but it seems HASS.Agent cannot use websockets?

Thanks in advance for any info!

You can establish a websocket connection through MQTT, which works in my case.
Unfortunately the connection gets dropped regularely and I get notifications about that all the time, so I’m currently not using HASS.Agent.

1 Like

do you recall how you configured it in hass.agent?
I tried using the local mosquitto IP and port 9001 for mqtt over websockets but it never connects to the mosquitto broker but HA does connect. I also tried a different application called MQTTX on windows to test the connection to the mosquitto broker with port 9001 and it works just fine (ws://192.168.x.x:9001)

I see these errors in the hass.agent log:

2023-08-21 09:36:21.634 -05:00 [FTL] [PROGRAM] FirstChanceException: Received packet 'PubAck: [PacketIdentifier=21584] [ReasonCode=]' at an unexpected time.
MQTTnet.Exceptions.MqttProtocolViolationException: Received packet 'PubAck: [PacketIdentifier=21584] [ReasonCode=]' at an unexpected time.
   at MQTTnet.Client.MqttClient.TryProcessReceivedPacketAsync(MqttBasePacket packet, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
2023-08-21 09:36:21.637 -05:00 [FTL] [PROGRAM] FirstChanceException: The operation was canceled.
System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
   at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
   at System.Threading.SemaphoreSlim.WaitUntilCountOrTimeoutAsync(TaskNode asyncWaiter, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

What I did was delete the integration and setup again, and both media players are now showing. Found this tip else ware.

Is there a way to stream/cast whatever is on the monitor to a chromecast with this Agent? I have a use-case whereby I want it to launch/open/switch-focus to an app (ContaCam) and view its content to my TV.

I’ve given up on trying to get the ContaCam webpage to stream to my TV. I was able to get a single camera feed to work but not the multiview home page.

Hi, I just discovered HASS.Agent and am very excited.

I have it working, but my hope was to be able to monitor things like: CPU, disk, RAM, GPU usage, network throughput/utilization, temperatures, power usage, etc.

But in the HASS.Agent Windows app all I see if % utilization for CPU, GPU and memory.

How would I get more detailed info such as what Open Hardware Monitor, Libre, HWInfo, or HWMonitor would show?

Thank you!