HASS, Harmony Hub / remote and Broadlink RM Pro

I have a Harmony Hub and Broadlink RM Pro all working from my new HASS.io setup.

I now want to use the Harmony remote to send codes via the RM Pro - probably using HASS.io as the integrator. I’ve spent a good while researching and trying to find out the best way to do this but I’m now fully confused!

Does anyone have a simple guide to how to do this, please?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

I’ve just realised, as I can already drive the RM Pro form HASS, I just need to figure out how to use the Harmony to control HA. I’ll do more research but if anyone has an ‘idiot’s guide’ for this, I’d really appreciate it!

Richard

I don’t see a way for it to be done.

The only way I can think of is to set up an activity for what you want to do and have HA monitor the Harmony Hub for changes to that activity and then fire off the commands to the RM Pro. Can become rather messy on the remote if you have a lot of activities do this.

I originally thought of this when trying to work out how to get my Harmony Hub to tell my Xbox One to open the Netflix app which the Harmony Hub cannot do, but with a custom component for the Xbox, I can then monitor for that activity and then once detected and the Xbox is on, then tell the Xbox to open the Netflix app.

You could use emulated roku component to trigger automation on button press. The automation would be used to send commands via broadlink RM pro.

For emulated roku to work, you must have an activity turned on. (Activity that includes emulated roku ”device”)

You can choose which button you want to assign to trigger the automation. You just choose which buttons emulated roku uses (from harmony app)

Thank you, jussbba. I am trying to load that now following the instructions here Unable to setup emulated_roku but having a few issues (probably the result of being way out of my depth with this stuff! - I’ll learn, though! :slight_smile: )

I’ve added the emulated_roku.py file to the custom_components folder in the config SAMBA share but it won’t run - I guess it is the wrong location. I’ll keep trying to solve it, though!

Is there a better instruction on how to set up emulated_roku on hass.io?

OK, the custom_components folder must be in the addons share - 1 step closer! :slight_smile:

Good!

This thread might help you:Emulated Roku for Harmony

I am abroad this week so can’t help you that much. I will be back next week.

There is also some problem with harmony as you may have read:https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2018/12/17/logitech-harmony-removes-local-api/

Edit: this is my file path:/config/custom_components/emulated_roku.py