HASS, Integrating Haus-bus.de devices / ESPHome, reading HEX from MAX485/UART

“auto” is no real type. It just lets the compiler know that it should infer the type. The variable will still have a defined type after that. I used auto there, because the real type name for std:: iterators is very long and pointless.

The cause of the compile error is, that it has to be “end()”. “end” is a method of an std::(unordered_)map. It will return a pointer (iterator) to the end of the map (end meaning virtual element after the last element. ). “find” returns either a pointer to the element found or if not found it returns a pointer to the end.

Short update for those who are following this thread: My lab with the Haus-Bus-Devices still exists and I want to have that stuff running. There is unfortunately no progress due to very limited spare time. I’ll come back to that topic when I solved some higher prioritized stuff.

Hey everybody,
I am one of the haus-bus.de developers and plan to create a native home assistant integration also for a long time already. I perfectly know our devices and the protocol but don’t know good enough about home assistant.
I would not use the protocol that we applied for the loxone integration because its limited in functionality but instead use our native protocol like I did for IO Broker.
I can do whole of the device specific implementation if somebody could support creating the basic frame and understand the main philosophy of the ha integration.
Anybody who wants to support on this project ?

Hermann

Hi Hermann, welcome to the community forums. Your help is very much appreciated as vendor support is the premium class for an integration.
As stated many times before, I’m absolutely not an developer but I’m very interested in a perfect fit integration for haus-bus devices in Home Assistant because I installed haus-bus switches as the default wall switches in my house as you know.
This would be my first home assistant integration so far but it shouldn’t be impossible to get that running. I’d like to help you out as good as possible. First of all, we should start reading the developer docs I think. I hope, I will get a free timeslot to start with.
I’ll also drop you a personal message for further coordination.