Hass.io Access Crashing Overnight, Every Night

I have same problem. But I connected by ethernet :frowning:

2 Likes

Power Supply or SD-Card…

I’m having this problem now. Ubuntu desktop with hass.io containers. Zwave stick.

Home Assistant 0.76.2
Supervisor 127

Anything I can check on?

A reboot of the Ubuntu system fixes it. Everything in the containers is locked up.

Drop wi-fi and hardwire to ethernet.

Early in my raspberry pi geeking days (long before home assistant existed), I experienced this with wi-fi a lot. What I eventually figured out is that you need to take wifi out of power save mode when your pi is acting as a server. Is it possible that the hassbian supervisor doesn’t disable power save mode on the wifi interface? You shouldn’t need to switch to wired ethernet for a modern Pi with 802.11ac.

You shouldn’t ever try to run a server on wifi. No wonder it’s unreliable.

A hass.io box is essentially a low volume server. There’s no technical reason that this shouldn’t work well over modern 802.11ac wi-fi. It won’t work well if the wi-fi interface’s. power saving features haven’t been disabled.

I had problems with custom components, specifically the custom_updatercomponent, causing hass.io to freeze every 12 hours. Try disabling some of them (if using) and see if that helps stabilize your environment.

I would like to try that. Could you please let me know how to disable power save mode?