Hass.io Add-on: Upload hassio snapshots to Dropbox

One drive?

There is possible to upgrade Dropbpx-updater to recent version?

When you add the addon as a repo it will auto update to the latest version.

I don’t understand.

You can add the addon repository to Hassio. Then install the addon from the repository. It will provide you with the latest release.

Hi, I am unable to get it up and running. I tried it with several different configuration but what I receive looks always like:
[Info] Files will be uploaded to: APP/HA2DB-Backup/
[Info] Saving OAUTH_ACCESS_TOKEN to /etc/uploader.conf
[Info] Listening for messages via stdin service call…
{“command”: “upload”}
[Info] Received message with command upload
[Info] Uploading all .tar files in /backup (skipping those already in Dropbox)

Uploading “/backup/0c7f8731.tar” to “/APP/HA2DB-Backup/0c7f8731.tar” by 4 chunks *** FAILED
An error occurred requesting /chunked_upload

@tjourdan I am having a similar issue and checked all the log files I could find, which didn’t provide any enlightenment. Did you end up solving this?

[Info] Files will be uploaded to: /Backups/ha-garage/
[Info] Saving OAUTH_ACCESS_TOKEN to /etc/uploader.conf
[Info] Listening for messages via stdin service call...
{"command": "upload"}
[Info] Received message with command upload
[Info] Uploading all .tar files in /backup (skipping those already in Dropbox)
 > Uploading "/backup/9a6a4e71.tar" to "/Backups/ha-garage/9a6a4e71.tar"... FAILED
An error occurred requesting /upload
 > Uploading "/backup/a96e1068.tar" to "/Backups/ha-garage/a96e1068.tar"... FAILED
An error occurred requesting /upload
Some error occured. Please check the log.

What does this error mean? It’s what I see when I tried to call the service to test installation:

Received message with command upload
Uploading all .tar files in /backup (skipping those already in Dropbox)
Uploading “” to “”…
Error: cURL is not able to performs peer SSL certificate verification.
Please, install the default ca-certificates bundle.

FYI, I added a blueprint for the new Blueprints feature in the latest version of HA 2020-12 and created a PR:

Once approved, this can be added and configured within HA by adding the Blueprint URL:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/danielwelch/hassio-dropbox-sync/master/blueprints/dropbox_upload.yaml

Hi Ryan. Did you resolve this? I am getting the same. Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

Am a newbie at this but think I have got it set up correctly but am getting the following error in the logs:

“Drop Sync: Error executing script. Invalid data for call_service at pos 1: required key not provided @ data[‘input’]”

I have put in the Oath access token from Dropbox into the add on configuration window but am not sure of what else is needed.

Can someone help please?

I managed to set up back-up and upoading to Dropbox, but Im seeing this error in the Supervisors logs, any ideas how to fix it?

21-04-27 18:31:27 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config 'startup' with 'before' is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Dropbox Sync

The addon author seems to have abandoned it so switch to the drive one or I use a script running with cron.

1 Like

Hi and thanx for your reply. Is it not possible for an outsider to make the required updates to the integration? Sorry, that may be a stupid question.

You woul need to fork it. Note that Dropbox is changing their auto in Sept to require new Oauth Insta of the current keys used so it’s going to break hard then.
There is a thread on the github repo where I posted my script and instructions to replace this addon. It uses the new auth already and 100% replicates the addon functionality as it suits me to stay on dropbox.

1 Like

Hi and thanx David, do you have a link t your work? I also like to stay with dropbox for back up storage.

Thanx Chris

Here is the issue with my script etc

2 Likes

That sounds interesting! I just created an automation to create snapshots at certain times. Now if there was only a way to upload those snapshots to Dropbox, Synology I would be happy :wink:

I posted my script in the discussion on the above link. It works fine to copy to Dropbox and also only keeps snapshots created in last 5 days. My windows PC then moves old ones from Dropbox to other storage so I don’t fill up Dropbox. This works in practise to the way the addon worked.

RESOLVED.

Key is to understand that when you setup the Dropbox API OAuth token you provide an “App folder name” mine is “hassio-backups”. You need to use that and create it under and root “Apps” folder in your Dropbox storage.

In Supervisor > Dropbox Sync > Configuration > output field I have /hassio/

Note no quotes. When I edit in YAML the same screen I see I have the following 3 lines:

oath_access_token: [your token without quotes or any special characters even these square brackets]
output: /hassio/
keep_last: 5

CRITICAL: In Dropbox create a folder called /Apps/hassio-backups/hassio

ie /Apps/[name of Dropbox app you provided in Dropbox API]/[name of folder you put in the “output:” field]