Hass.io Add-on: Upload hassio snapshots to Dropbox

Delete the trailing > (as well as the leading <). The entire string is supposed to be replaced with your token, not just the part in between the < and >. This is a documentation convention that I’m used to, sorry if it was not made clear.

2 Likes

This is hopefully fixed with 1.1.2, along with a bug that I ran into with older snaphsots that apparently did not have timezone information when created.

You should now be able to omit the keep_last option entirely.

No problem, I am already very happy with the addon as is! I will look into adding a timestamp to the frontend!

Thx it worked

This is working for me too - thank you! There’s a bit of relief now not having to remember to Snapshot and manually save the .tar file to my NAS. Out of sight, out of mind!

+1 on Google drive :-):grinning:

1 Like

I’m working on a Google Drive add on. Authentication has been the main hurdle with the Oauth flow, but hopefully I’m getting close. You can preview it here and even download and test it out if you want. Haven’t had a chance to test it within hassio as I’m traveling. Note that the usage section in the documentation isn’t updated from dropbox-sync yet.

If I want to keep only x latest snapshots, … how I need to configure?

I believe you just need to add:

"keep_last": X

To your add-on configuration. (where X is the number of days)

1 Like

“keep_last”: X
or
“keep_last”: “x”

?

I wish I could exclude some files (the log files) since are too big and fill up my dropbox space (not really interested in backing up the log)

^^^This one

What? Are you seeing log files uploaded to Dropbox when running the add-on? Only .tar files located in the /backup directory of hassio should be uploaded, as the docs explain.

I mean my backup file is around 1GB, I guess because my db and log files are big. I wish to make backup of everything besides those 2 files

Ah, I see. Yeah, partial snapshots in hassio don’t have that level of control. Would be nice.

keep_last seems that not works.

except it works perfectly

This is mine and it’s working fine…

{
  "oauth_access_token": "my_token",
  "output": "/my_folder/",
  "keep_last": 10
}

Make sure your commas are right.

Oh I’d love a Google Drive intergration. I have drop box, but I’m actually paying for Google Drive service, would definitely prefer to go the Google route here!

+1 for OneDrive please :wink:

Hi,

I’m using this in the configuration:

“keep_last”: 7

This is removing local copies older than 7 days on the HA but is it possible to also delete them on Dropbox?
So that the 7 recent backups is stored on Dropbox?