Hass.io Add-on: Xbox One

Trying to get this addon to work as well. I’m on .88.1 and when I attempt to start the addon here’s what I get in the logs:

/run.sh: line 14: 12 Segmentation fault (core dumped) xbox-rest-server

Any ideas?

1 Like

I have got exactly the same message:

/run.sh: line 14: 12 Segmentation fault (core dumped) xbox-rest-server

2 Likes

So @WTFoX74 and I are the only ones with this problem? I’d love to try something to fix it but I have no idea what to try. Anyone have any advice? TIA.

I @krinehart, apparently we are the only which I cannot imagine. A fix would be very welcome :wink:

Works fine for me however since 0.88.1 it has problems reading the state. Even if the xbox is turned off it will show up as unknown whereas it always worked fine. Not a big deal, commands still work just the state is wrong.

Unfortunately I do not use Hassio so I can’t help you with that.

Edit: restarting the xbox rest server fixed the state issue for me.

I have the same issue!

I also have the same problem with the"backup to google drive" add on and it was suggested it might be a 64bit issue - see this thread Created new add-on to backup snapshots to Google Drive - #92 by samccauley

Interesting - I am running this on a 64bit Raspberry Pi.

Same here - I would imagine it is a common setup

What version of the XBOX add-on are you running? And how does your config section look like?

I have uninstalled and re-installed the XBOX add-on (version 2.0.0). I have added my xbox live credentials in the configuration part and saved it.

The strange thing is that after saving and restarting the add-on, the configuration section is empty again:

After starting it shows me this error:

[2019-02-28 09:16:07,115] INFO in rest_server: Starting Xbox Smartglass REST server started on 0.0.0.0:5557 [2019-02-28 09:16:07,116] DEBUG in rest_server: Setting tokenfile path to /root/.local/share/xbox/tokens.json [2019-02-28 09:16:07,118] INFO in rest_server: Trying to load & refresh tokens [2019-02-28 09:16:07,121] WARNING in rest_server: Failed to authenticate with tokenfile from /root/.local/share/xbox/tokens.json, error: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

I’m running 2.0.0

I think the blank config is normal. my config in configuration.yaml is:

media_player:
  - platform: xboxone
    device: REDACTED - live ID
    name: Xbox One

Thanks! I will have a look soon

I uninstalled, installed and configured it again and it seems to work fine now.

Hi folks-

Having this exact same issue (using HASSIO 89.1, access DuckDNS via https):

/run.sh: line 14: 14 Segmentation fault (core dumped) xbox-rest-server

I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, started, unistalled again, restarted. Still the same error.

What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to insert something into my configuration.yaml? If so, why isn’t it in the documentation? What should I enter?

This?
media_player:

• platform: xboxone
    device: REDACTED - live ID
    name: Xbox One

The “device:” part, do I put in my xbox live login? What about the password? What about the IP address for the Xbox One? What are the proper steps for a standard HassIO user? Someone mentions installing the Xbox Rest server. I don’t see anything in there documentaiton for this. Where would I do this?

Sorry for this, but I’m completely confused right now.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to install this add-on on my Hassio system (standard raspberry pi install) HassOS 2.8. Home assistant version 0.89.1
I follow the install instructions and get the following error in the system log:

19-03-10 03:36:47 ERROR (SyncWorker_12) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install hunterjm/hassio-armv7-xboxone:2.0.0 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("pull access denied for hunterjm/hassio-armv7-xboxone, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'").

It looks like the github page is active but it doesnt seem to want to install - Could this be related to the new custom component arrangement in 0.89?

try this

This component needs to be configured in order to display your Xbox in Home Assistant. Follow the below steps to get started.

1. Turn on all of the Xboxes you wish to be discovered.
  2. View the device list in this plugin: hassio.local:5557/device
  3. Create the media_player configuration using the liveid as the value for device .
  4. Restart Home Assistant to pick up the config change.

Example configuration.yaml :

media_player:
  - platform: xboxone
    device: FD009374623167E
    name: Living Room Xbox One

However I’m still getting the segmentation fault after reinstalling several times any tips WTFoX74? any extra things you had to delete after the uninstall?

Same problem here. I started with a fresh hassio install from scratch again today because I was getting errors left and right. Now I can’t even install the plugin anymore :frowning:
Running hassio 0.89.2

1 Like

OK Good to know I am not the only one - fingers crossed we get it resolved. I have never used the plugin before so i have no baseline. @donbirko If you get it running on the new install please report back how you fixed it.

1 Like

Hey all, I’ve been hard at work on the camera live stream functionality coming to 0.90, so haven’t had time to look into this. I’m not sure why the server would be segfaulting on ARM devices, and I let someone temporarially borrow my Pi, so I can’t help debug ATM.

I am, however, looking at making this a core component in the future, so stay tuned.

5 Likes

Thanks @hunterjm, waiting anxiously for this on my rpi 64bit.