Hass.io Add-on: Xbox One

Integration still not working? Here is not working

Nope still no change. Same errors as I previously mentioned.

Same problem here, native integration configured via GUI.
Error seems to be around get_friends_own_batch:

Unexpected error fetching xbox data: 1 validation error for PeopleResponse
people → 0 → linkedAccounts → 0 → displayName
none is not an allowed value (type=type_error.none.not_allowed)

Just managed to fix mine, if you go to the xbox app > settings > linked accounts, I had facebook ticked for some reason, unticked it and works instantly.

1 Like

Confirmed this fixed it for me as well. Thanks @davepw4

I have had a look through the thread and searched a few times and couldn’t find the right answer. The native integration appears to work fine for one of my xbox’s but not the other. I have two, a One S and One X. The One S is set up as my home xbox, as my kids use it and it means they can play games and use Xbox Live without me needing to be logged in. The One X is in our living room and we watch Netflix, Plex, game, etc. on it.

Both Xbox’s are devices in my Microsoft Account. The integration only brings back Xbox Live and the Xbox One S.

How can I get the X in there too? Should I try re-associating with my Microsoft Account? I really don’t want to make the X my home xbox.

I have enabled remote settings on my Xbox One X, etc. The One X is the missing part of my entertainment automations! :slight_smile: No other accounts linked that I can see (Facebook, etc.)

Thanks all!

Have a similar setup and it works fine so not significant changes should’nt be required. Can you access the One X from the xbox app? My understanding is that should be a good litmus test of whether the problem is on the xbox side or the integration side.

If it shows up fine I would disable the integration, reboot HA, turn on both xbox’s and then setup the integration again. One other setting that you will probably want enabled is instant-on, not positive about this but I believe it would be required for automations to trigger when the xbox is “off”.

Might want to also make sure they have different names, just in case that is somehow causing an issue.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply. I have it working now. It appears the XBOXONEX wasn’t registered to my app (although I am 99% sure it was). Re-set the app and HA Integration and it is there.

Now to spend the day stuffing with automatons! Great work to all involved.

Is there any way to identify if the Xbox is being used for remote play vs local use? I want to use the turning on of the Xbox as a trigger to switch a Logitech Harmony activity, but I don’t want to turn the TV on or potentially interrupt someone else if the Xbox is being used for remote play via a mobile device. Harmony should only have an activity triggered if the Xbox was turned on because someone used the Xbox controller to do so.

Having a quick play, as soon as I start a remote session via the iPhone Xbox app, the Xbox shows as ‘on’ but I can’t see any discernible way to know whether its being used for local play or not.

Might be asking too much and I may need to stick to the harmony remote, or assume I’ll hardly ever use remote play and not worry about the use case.

Just to help think through this what would the use case be. I assume you would use the Logitech remote to turn on the Xbox and tv via an activity if standing in front of it right?

It’d be an alternative to the harmony remote, which isn’t always in arms reach (but is always available).

The two starting points would be no AV equipment is on and then the Xbox is turned on (but not via Harmony) or the TV is using a different device such as an Apple TV and then an Xbox controller is turned on. In both scenarios I could assume the intent is to play the Xbox, so if we can detect the Xbox on event I can remove the need to pick up the Harmony Remote by just triggering the Harmony’s Xbox On activity whenever an Xbox controller is used to turn the Xbox on.

Got the basics of that working, but to take it a step further it’d be nice to NOT fire the event if the Xbox was turned on for remote play through a phone. In the remote play scenario the TV isn’t needed, and/or possibly someone is watching the TV via Apple TV or similar already so we shouldn’t switch the inputs on them.

In all honesty I don’t see myself using remote play all that often anyway. I could always look to include in my automation a condition that my mobile device is seen on the network or my person status is ‘not_home’. Cuts back the chance I’d turn the TV to the Xbox unnecessarily, although I could potentially trigger remote play while at home such as if the TV is being used by someone else at the time.

On android you could use an app like tasker to detect when the Xbox app opens and either disable the automation or toggle an input that is checked by the automation as a condition. On iPhone you could create a shortcut that does the same. Seperate automation could turn it back on after x minutes so you don’t have to remember both directions. A little more manual but since it is only being done by you when you want to rarely use remote play it should still pass the significant other test.

Personally I didn’t create one for when the Xbox just turns on but I do detect the call service from HA and then trigger my AV automations based on that. This we all I have to do is select a game from the media browser and the Xbox turns on and the tv turns on changes source and sets volume to mute (I use a headset for gaming).

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. iOS user here. That workaround seems like a fairly decent compromise, particularly given I don’t see myself using remote play often. I’ll give it a go when I have an opportunity and maybe also mix in a check to see whether my mobile device is detected on the network too. Thanks for proposing that use of shortcuts.

1 Like

Is it a limitation that I’m not seeing all the application icon images in the Xbox Installed Applications in HA? Just looking at the video streaming apps that I have installed, It seems like apps like:

• Netflix
  • Youtube

Will even show the application icon image on the media control, and in Installed Applications I get the above icons and additionally for

• Disney+

However not for

• Prime Video
  • BBC iPlayer
  • All 4
  • ITV Hub

Is it because these are not available globally (most of these are UK only I suspect)?

Is anyone’s Xbox media player entity displaying game cover art of the currently playing game in Home Assistant? This used to work in the custom component/HA add-on but hasn’t worked for me in the official component. Interestingly enough I can browse through the media browser and see the cover art of all my recent Xbox apps and games, but nothing is showing on the media player entity itself.

1 Like

Not working for me either. That’s sad as I had automation based on what game was playing.

1 Like

I was having issues and deleted the Xbox integration and reinstalled, however now I only get the remote.xbox_remote per Xbox, which all report unavailable, and no longer have the media_player.xbox entities.

Submitted a ticket here https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/46255

I have the exact same issue as @snook
Integration added successfully, but no media player and the remote entity is unavailable. The remote became available as soon as I unticked Facebook from the Linked accounts from the Xbox app. But media player entity is still not available

Need to login in the Xbox app and connect to console. Can happen after app update

Just in case you’ve also got a Logitech harmony remote integration - I’ve had a go at attempting this blueprint automations you wish to try - Harmony and Xbox Enhancers

2 Likes