Hass Io and Google Assistant integration

Hello all,

I am using Home Assistant for a short period of time, but I already have my Xiaomi Yeelights connected to it. Latter on, I will have MQQT controlling my RGB Led strips as well, integrated with HASS.

I don’t have a Google Home device (at least for now), but I use my Android phone (a Nexus 6p) to control my lights.

Now I’m doing it using IFTTT and WebHooks to communicate with my Home Assistant, but this is quite painful as I need to carefully specify everything I want to say to the google assistant, and I ended up with a non scalable bunch of If statements.

My question is: Is there a way, using the setup I currently have, to directly integrate the google assistant on my phone with home assistant? is there something planned in order to accomplish this?

Many thanks.

Well, yes. if your hassio is correctly configured with the google assistant addon, you can use everything connected to it. You can talk to hassio using a usb microphone or directly your phone… or both of them at the same time, and only one of them will answer back to you.
Obviuosly you also have to create your conversation patterns on dialogflow.com

Or, soon there will be native Google Assistant integration:

@kylerw That would be awesome! I will check that thread later. Thanks

@Pantomax, do you know it there’s a tutorial or something on how to create the conversation patterns and correctly configure the Hass IO Google assistant plugin? This is still very new to me. Thanks for the help

Sure :wink: .
Here is how to install Google assistant on your Hassio:

Here are some examples on how to use it:

and remember to download the zip on that page (https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.github.io/blob/next/source/assets/HomeAssistant_APIAI.zip) and import it in Dialogflow.
If you want to master how to use Dialogflow and Google Assistant just start with the basics here:
https://dialogflow.com/docs/getting-started/basics

Dialogflow has launched API V2. Is it safe to upgrade from V1 to V2? They say that I must update the agent to ensure my API calls and fulfillment are compatible with Dialogflow’s V2 API. Is Hassio dialogflow componnent compatible with it?