Hass.io Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE configuration

I have a raspberry pi3 and am running the latest hass.io image.

I’m trying to get bluetooth LE working.

I have installed the Bluetooth Module in Add-ons.

My configuration.yaml file has these entries

#Start Bluetooth Tracking
device_tracker:

• platform: bluetooth_tracker

device_tracker 1:

• platform: bluetooth_le_tracker

Bluetooth seems to work as I’m seeing some bluetooth devices on the hassio.local web front. However, Bluetooth LE is giving me an error.

The web front has this:

The following components and platforms could not be set up:
devicetracker.bluetoothle_tracker
Please check your config

I’ve looked through several configuration.yaml cookbook files linked from the main web page but can’t seem to find one that uses bluetooth le.

I am also seeing this same error. Is the Bluetooth module on the Pi3 not LE compatible?

Hi,

Get same issue on my setup, BT LE was working on RAspbian + AIO but not using BT addon for Hass.io, seems to be linked to /tmp size on Hass.io that is not large enough to allow gatlib installation:
Bluetooth LE not enabled?

Still looking for a fix on this for Hass.io to get my beacon back in HA.

Here is the Bluetooth LE error from the log

2017-08-09 21:34:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package gattlib==0.20150805: Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-_fs32tnw/gattlib/
2017-08-09 21:34:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker because could not install dependency gattlib==0.20150805
2017-08-09 21:34:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker: Could not install all requirements.

Anyone with ideas?

Hi SirBaconTheFirst

Did you have to do anything to get your Raspberry Pi3 enabled for Bluetooth tracking other than putting the following in your configuration.yaml file?
I did it however I can’t locate any devices. However if I use the inbuilt Raspberry Pi 3 bluetooth app, I can see some devices.

Thank you

device_tracker:
platform: bluetooth_tracker