Hass.io Recommended Minimum config

Hi all,

First time joining the forum, been following HA for a while and finally getting around setting up my first install as Hass.io just make is to simple.

I’m running hass on a RPi 1 with 4go SD Card.

When I try to start any addon I get hit with a out of memory error. What would be the minimum recommended configuration ?

Cheers.
D

I’m not sure if there is an official recommendation, but a RPi 1 is probably pushing the low end of supported hardware. I use an RPi 3 with a 16GB card and have not run out of memory.

Are you running out of RAM or storage space?

1 Like

I would say RAM but not an linux expert.

Here is the log when trying to start MQTT

fatal error: runtime: out of memory
runtime stack:
runtime.throw(0x12d1a10, 0x16)
/yocto/resin-board/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/go/src/runtime/panic.go:566 +0x78 fp=0xbed1f9bc sp=0xbed1f9b0
runtime.sysMap(0x8d4fe000, 0x96ce000, 0x96bcc001, 0x1aead78)

More of the same…

/yocto/resin-board/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/go/src/runtime/asm_arm.s:61 +0x84 fp=0xbed1fd58 sp=0xbed1fd18

container_linux.go:248: starting container process caused “process_linux.go:270: sending config to init process caused "write parent: broken pipe"”

I don’t use HASS.io, but I run HA on a Model 1 B+ without any problems - with influxdb and appdaemon.

I suggest you try the Hassbian install method and see if that works.

Cheers might give that a try or maybe time to upgrade the RPi :slight_smile:

Im experience the same issue.
Even though I only installed it on my RPi B+ to try out my Razberry that seems to malfunction.

I’m running into a similar problem, not running MQTT and most addons load fine, however my 4gb card is full of something that doesn’t show in the configuration folder (using Samba). This means I cannot update or run homebridge anymore.

Does anyone know what is taking up so much space, or know how I could add additional memory - through a usb stick - to my Pi 1 B system?

A 4GB card is probably a bit small. I have an 8GB card, that has about 4GB free.

My install with a few add-ons is 4Gb also.

I have created another tab called “system” just to monitor things like memory and disk space.

Here is the code:

sensor:

• platform: systemmonitor
    resources:
    • type: disk_use_percent
      arg: /home
    • type: memory_free
    • type: memory_use
    • type: memory_use_percent

then I create a group and:

group:

Memory:
name: Memory
entities:
- sensor.disk_use_home
- sensor.ram_free
- sensor.ram_use
- sensor.ram_use_2
System:
name: System
view: yes
entities:
- group.Memory

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Drat. I had the idea of running HA on a Vera, but the Plus only has 256 MB of RAM.