Hass.io Snapshot without log and .db

HI,
is it possible to make a snapshot without including the log file and the .db?
If yes is it possible to make a scheduler to automatically create a snaphot and push to FTP or somewhwere else?

Thanks

If you use an addon database like MariaDB you can unselect it in partial snapshots.

As for automating:

Hi this looks very good, but what do I have to remove from the snapshot to avoid the inclusion of the .db (but not all the other files on the config folder) ?

Setup Mariadb.
Unselect the Mariadb addon from the snapshot.

Ah, now I see why you said that I need to use the mariaDB…
I would say ok to enable the mariaDB for a setup where there is no SD card.
I have one hassio as virtual machine on a synology, there I could do it, but not on the raspberryPi based.

Thanks for your answer

You could find that MariaDB performs better than the default db. I did (when I was running on a pi3B).

It uses more memory and performs significantly better.

What about the write cycles on the sd card? Does it reduce the life of the SD card?

I don’t have any specific measurements but I would not expect it to be any different. You’re still recording the same number of entity state transitions.

As far I understood sqlite3 is writing in a consecutive way on the sdcard, the mariaDB (earlier mysql) writes more often on the same position on the sdcard with the effect to make big number of write/erase cycles on the same position and reaching much faster the life cycles of the memory…

But maybe with mariaDB they changed the approach…

I really don’t know. I ran mariadb on a pi for 6 months before changing to a mini-pc. The same SD card was in use for 6 months before that too. No issues.