HASS & Monoprice multi zone amp

@adamderuwe do you have a readme or something how to install this?

Sorry, I was answering your question ā€œHow to contact the person who has developed this integration?ā€.

Thatā€™s the github of the guy that developed the python package and integration.

1 Like

Just attempted to integrate the amplifier in HA and while the integration creates the media players, there seems to be no connection between the amp and HA, but the integration shows that it can connect to the host.

Iā€™m using an IP to RS232 adapter on the network.

Is there something I need to do inside of the RS232 configuration to allow it to pass information back to HA?

Took me three cables to find the correct one.

This one worked for me:

UGREEN USB to RS232 Serial Cable DB9 9 Pin USB 2.0 Male A Converter Adapter with Prolific PL2303 Chipset for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, Linux and Mac OS X 10.6 and Above (3ft)

That presumes that youā€™re connecting directly to the HA host and using one of the USB ports, correct?

Iā€™m not doing that. Iā€™m connecting via ethernet to the RS232 from the host so it doesnā€™t matter where the host is located relative to the amplifier. In fact, my amp and my computer are in separate rooms currentlyā€¦so the Ethernet to RS232 solution worked out well.

Correct, connecting directly to the host for the cable I referenced.

I did the wireless connection as well using a Raspberry Pi which I did get working. When I moved my host beside the amp in a centralized location, I ended up using the RS232 to USB to free up the Pi.

What kind of wireless adapter are you using?

The only thing we use WIFI around here for is browsing the internet and super simple sensors. Everything else is hard wired.

I have been using an Itach IP2SL-P for almost a year now and today I have updated HA to core-2021.9.6 and now the Monoprice integration no longer functions.
Sadly a USB-RS232 adapter will not work with my virtualization setup.
I hope this can be sorted soon.

ā€œError connecting to Monoprice controller at socket://192.168.1.99:4999ā€ port is correct and I have been using it for its entirety.

Awesome. Do you know if the prior core version supported it? I canā€™t imagine being stuck on a prior release foreverā€¦

a prior version supported it, I had been running 2021.3.3 currently running 2021.9.6.

HA is communicating with it somehow because the integration only setups if I have the port correct. otherwise it errors out. I wish It was working, because I was using as my only control over 3 zones.

why Im getting this warning for each second in my logs: Could not update zone 21 can we somehow to cancel it, because Im using only one device.