HASSbian - Could not find ui-lovelace.yaml in your config dir

Hi everyone,
I successfully configured Hass on raspbian with auto startup using init.d. I’m connected to HASS, but when I open the page I see that there is an error saying: " Could not find ui-lovelace.yaml in your config dir.". So i googled up and I tried to configure: “ui-lovelace.yaml”, with config from HASS docs, but nothing is happening. Did I put it in correct folder (link) ? Should I configure something different?

this is the doc and how to.

Hang on,
Maybe he doesn’t want lovelace yet.
I updated and now when I go to “my ip address”:8123
It defaults to “my ip address”:8123/lovelace — which I don’t have, instead of the previous
“my ip address”:8123/states
Further; when I configure my standard shortcut to “my ip address”:8123/states then I click on another tab, that works, but when I go back to ‘overview’ it tries to go back to “my ip address”:8123/lovelace
I think 80.2 and 80.3 are broken for non-lovelace users
Mutt

I had the same happen but it was because on the info page “/dev-info” I accidentally clicked
“>> Set lovelace as default page on this device <<”

it doesn’t even have the blue link colour so very easy to click without noticing and then all of a sudden everything defaults to errors because you haven’t set up lovelace

You can change it back by clicking on ‘remove Lovelace as default’ or delete cookies and data and reload and it will be back to the default.

David/Gerto,
That makes sense that it was something stupid I did ; - ((((
But if you don’t have lovelace installed (it is still an elective add on, isn’t it ???), why would that (make lovelace the default interface) even be there ?
So where is this magic clickable link, both to enable and disable lovelace ?
I need to do a complete wipe and rebuild as I’m about to move house.
But I’d like to keep my installation as vanilla as possible to avoid developmental issues like this.
Regards
Mutt

In the dev-tools under i where it lists the version.

You need to make the lovelace file otherwise you get the error you see. There are scripts/addons to convert a ‘normal’ install to lovelace. (not convert but to set it up so you can use lovelace as an option)

David,
Thanks but that just looks like the display under the info button.
I disabled then had to close the page an reopen for state to be reset.
Many thanks
Mutt

It IS the standard display under the info button!
But you can click on try out lovelace and the line below will toggle between remove and make lovelace the default.

What I have found is if you click ‘make default’ and then click overview it will still show the old states… It’s a little finicky. If you make it the default and THEN click try l;ovelace it seems to ‘stick’ at least until you clear cookies etc…