Hassbian OZWCP

Hello!

I’m trying to setup and configure my Aeotec Multisensor 6, and ran into some problems.
Specifically, it looks like I need to edit some parameters (like report rate for motion sensor, i think, since it stays ‘sleeping’ for too long, and does not update quick enough to detect motion without delay?), and from what I gathered I need to access OZWCP to do that.

I installed Hassbian and ran zwave installation script bundled with Hassbian. ZWave is working fine, but how to I access ozwcp from Hassbian? Do I need to launch the server with ./ozwcp -p 8888 command manually? If so, where do I find ./ozwcp in hassbian? Or is there a way to edit these values in some other way, or maybe I don’t need CP at all?

I’m just confused. Could not find any clear documentaion about it.

Thanks!

Hi
The following has worked for me, (I made a note of this from either a previous post or a page from the website when I setup my sensor, I will try and find the link) :

• Login to Raspberry Pi
  • Stop Home Assistant
  • Change to the ozwcp directory : cd /srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave-control-panel/
  • Launch the control panel : sudo ./ozwcp -p 8888
  • Open a web browser to : http://your_pi_ip:8888
  • Specify your zwave controller, for example /dev/ttyACM0 and hit initialize
4 Likes

Here is the link, it is in the “Using the OZWCP web application” section of the "Raspberry Pi All-In-One Installer " page:

https://home-assistant.io/docs/installation/raspberry-pi-all-in-one/#using-the-ozwcp-web-application

1 Like

Thanks! Everything works now.

However I’m not having trouble locating options.xml file… To add security key.

Might have been better perhaps for a new topic… but. My config for example is:
config -> /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.3-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config

Where you have * in them, did you check the hassbian release 1.22 is latest i believe, you can run hasbian-config install zwave or something similar and then it all works out of the box. I did not use the install_openzwave.sh