Hassio 0.61 Snapshot Service

Ahh yes - thats why it wasn’t working for me also… I don’t know why I didn’t try it direct through the yaml file…

Thank you

Hi, my goal is to do a backup only of the configuration files (without the a couple of files: the log and database since combined they are above 1GB).

Is this possible with the partial snapshot?

@Klagio Maybe is that what you’re looking for? Configuration Backup to GitHub

Oh ok did not know that. I was trying to use this as i wanted to test it before using it within my automation.
As i am not using the normal configuration for my automations but node red i think i need to figure if that is even possible to work out the way i wanted to have it.

I have created the sensor before doing the test as i thought the version would be a good idea as additional info :slight_smile:

Nice link, that’s a good idea, need to make a better use of the secret file though. I have so many files to fix for privacy issues, ultimately I will do it. Hope for a different solution in the meantime

2nd Option : look at NotoriousBDG answer on partial snapshot

Hi. I have been using the (full) snapshots & Dropbox Addon very successfully for some months, but now I have started saving motion video and I have a huge “shared” folder that I need to exclude… can you point me to any docs or tell me how to do that? I guess what I need is a partial backup that includes all (config, ssl, addons) EXCEPT the “share” folder.

Thanks in advance…
ET

i would like to recommend this for google drive users https://github.com/samccauley/addon-hassiogooglebackup#readme

i installed it yesterday, and it works great for Gdrive

full credits to the creator sammccauley

I’ve got a question about “keep_last” argument - it indeed deletes snapshots that are over the given limit, but is it possible to reflect this change also on dropbox?

I mean - it’s cool that my microsd card isn’t going to fill up, but I’ve noticed, that the deleted snapshots are still on dropbox, and slowly are filling it up over there.

I’ve got the same question, using Plex and Motion with their files in the share folder.

Hey guys,
any idea how to make this partial snaptshot work?

- alias: Backup H 3.00AM
  trigger:
    platform: time
    at: '03:00:00'
  action:
  - service: hassio.snapshot_partial
    data_template:
      name: "test partial {{ now().strftime('%Y-%m-%d') }}"
      addons:
        - 03d23610_dasshio
        - 7be23ff5_dropbox_sync
        - 3833edd4_googlebackup
        - a0d7b954_ide
        - a0d7b954_logviewer
        - a0d7b954_ssh
        - addons_local
        - core_duckdns
        - core_rpc_shutdown
        - core_samba
        - fe49a976_google_assistant_webserver
        - homeassistant
        - ssl

What I want to do is partial backup of everything except for the mariadb database (not really needed), but there isn’t a filter option afaik. And this automation only saves plugins data but not

- homeassistant
- ssl

Any Idea?

Happy new year fellows :partying_face:

EDIT: Got it to work!

- alias: Backup H 3.00AM
  trigger:
    platform: time
    at: '10:28:00'
  action:
  - service: hassio.snapshot_partial
    data_template:
      name: "test partial {{ now().strftime('%Y-%m-%d') }}"
      addons:
        - 03d23610_dasshio
        - 7be23ff5_dropbox_sync
        - 3833edd4_googlebackup
        - a0d7b954_ide
        - a0d7b954_logviewer
        - a0d7b954_ssh
        - addons_local
        - core_duckdns
        - core_rpc_shutdown
        - core_samba
        - fe49a976_google_assistant_webserver
      folders:
        - homeassistant
        - ssl

We need a documentation page though.

Also, what is the addons_local.tar.gz file? It’s just a blank archive. Is it needed?

1 Like

Do you know if an event is raised when the snapshot is finished ?

Asking again as Hassio 0.61 Snapshot Service

Is there any way to know if a snapshot service call fails?

Thanks

Thanks, that did my day but I used persistent_notification.create as notifier which needed som extra citation marks

action:

• service: hassio.snapshot_full
    data_template:
    name: Aut Backup {{ now().strftime(’%Y-%m-%d_%H:%M’) }}
  • service: persistent_notification.create
    data_template:
    message: “Created backup named Aut. Backup {{ now().strftime(’%Y-%m-%d_%H:%M’) }}”
1 Like

Hi,
Is it possible to have the snapshot filename matching the snapshot description ? The filename is completely random, and I have modify it manually.
Is there a HASSIO service capable of reading the snapshot name, and can we use a script to rename the .tar file automatically ?
Thanks for your advice!

Try restoring a snapshot you renamed and find out why you shouldn’t do it.

Thank you for this information, that’s something I didn’t know… I guess all my backup are unusable now. It would be worth being written somewhere on the snapshot creation/restore page.