Hassio on PI4 with conbee/deconz and SSD

My question is, if anyone have had succes with this configuration:
Hassio in Docker on a PI4 running of a SSD with Conbee II? The problem is I can’t get the Conbee to work. I had no problem when I was running Hassio on a PI4 from a SDCard with a Conbee II.

Did you try Raspbian?

No I gave up on got an intel nuc instead

I have the same issue with a Pi4, mSATA drive, ConBee on Raspbian (Buster). It does work on the pi but I can’t add devices so I add from another machine and then backup/restore the DB to the pi.

Same issue here…

Follewed this tutorial to run on SSD: https://jamesachambers.com/raspberry-pi-4-usb-boot-config-guide-for-ssd-flash-drives/, everyting works great only the ConBee stick not :frowning:

Anyone a solution?

Does it work if you add the devices with the Conbee on another machine, then transfer them back to the pi? Mine does, but it’s annoying :confused:

How can you do that…? I only have one Pi.

I use another machine with Deconz installed on it, add the devices and then backup the database, and restore it on the pi.

For me Conbee II works well when I tried to migrate from HA in my RP 4 32 bits with SD card to 64 bits with SSD. But my Z-wave dongle don’t works well, then, I come back to 32 bits with SD Caard… But Deconz with Conbee II works well.

What usb ports are you using? Also do you have the conbee on an extension?

I’ve just left Deconz and moved over to ZHA after getting Pi4+64bit+ssd working, saw strange issues with the SSD on usb3 slots.

Im using the ConBee dongle in a usb3 port without any extensión cable…

Has the ssd an external power supply? I had problems with the conbee and my ssd connected at the same time (not enough power for both unless you put an external charger for the ssd). Good luck!

The PI4 has some known issues with usb3 (or using usb3 and usb2 at the same time). I got mine working by moving everything to the usb2 ports. Running hass of an external SSD and using conbee at the same time with no problems.