Hassio ZHA - Add through integrations not configuration.yaml

Having issues with ZHA integration and many entries that tell me to disable or remove modemmanager.

I cannot find anywhere how I do this running Hassio.

Please help, its driving me nuts

What have you tried? A search turned up this official solution.

ZHA START UP ISSUE WITH HOME-ASSISTANT DOCKER/HASS.IO INSTALLS ON LINUX HOSTS

Thankyou

I saw this post however that command doesn’t work in the Hassio cli. I read if you type login from the Hassio cli it will take you to the linux host cli. However, I am using the SSH/Web terminal addon and when I type login from the hassio cli the web terminal just goes nuts.

Starting to regret starting my journey with HA by installing Hassio :unamused:

Thanks again.

I found the SSH/Web Terminal addon not very useful. If you are running the Hassio HassOs image there should be no modemmanager to interfere. If you are using a Linux installation then login to the OS and uninstall it.

You can either login through the console or ssh.

Thanks, so my journey so far is I received my ConbeeII dongle this week, initially set it up with deCONZ and all my Xiaomi devices came straight over. I then tried a Feibit switch which appeared as expected in deConz however could net get to appear in HA.

So last night decided to try ZHA. Zippo keep getting the same unable to connect to the nominated USB port including the same one deCONZ was using so started searching and they only explanation seems to be the ModemManager reason.

Running the lastest HA and Hassio.

Logs?

Actual error messages?

Thanks, first time asking for some help, luckily all my other queries have been answered by combing the forums. I am still finding my may around Hassio and HA

############# Zigbee ###################################
zha:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
database_path: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/zigbee.db
radio_type: deconz

Which logs are you after please?

Error is as follows:

Error setting up entry /dev/ttyACM0 for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 310, in async_setup
hass, self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 94, in async_setup_entry
await zha_gateway.async_initialize(config_entry)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 87, in async_initialize
radio, database)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py”, line 21, in init
super().init(database_file=database_file)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 24, in init
self._dblistener = zigpy.appdb.PersistingListener(database_file, self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy/appdb.py”, line 34, in init
detect_types=sqlite3.PARSE_DECLTYPES)
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file

Perhaps /dev/ttyACM0 is not the right device on your system.

Click on hass.io in the panel at the left hand side of the UI, choose system, then under host system click on hardware, it will give a list of serial devices.

Does the database file exist? The last line of the error says it cannot open the file.

I saw that too, but if HA starts without a db present, it should create a new one. A bit mysterious.

Thanks for the advice. In system I have two serial ports listed. I have tried both however happy to give it another go.

Changed the device to the other one showing in system

No change in the result

Error setting up entry /dev/ttyAMA0 for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 310, in async_setup
hass, self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 94, in async_setup_entry
await zha_gateway.async_initialize(config_entry)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 87, in async_initialize
radio, database)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py”, line 21, in init
super().init(database_file=database_file)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 24, in init
self._dblistener = zigpy.appdb.PersistingListener(database_file, self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy/appdb.py”, line 34, in init
detect_types=sqlite3.PARSE_DECLTYPES)
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file

So, apart from this, is home assistant actually running?

Yes like a charm

I think I ran into the issue of needing to create an empty database file WAY back when I configured zha that way.
I now use the configuration option under Integrations. You just need to provide the device path.
I do not have any Zigbee devices to test though because I mainly use Z-Wave but my stick does both.

1 Like

Thanks bosborne worked by adding through integrations.:grinning:

1 Like