HassOS in unRaid VM causing issues with conbee?

Anyone know what my issue is here? I managed to get a conbee ii working with zha, and it worked fine, but as soon as I restarted home assistant/ the VM, it stopped working and now can’t find the conbee stick. I’ve tried turning the VM off and on again but no luck.

The error I get is:

Retrying setup: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2440792-if00: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2440792-if00’

I have been having the same exact problem. I purchased the conbee II usb off of amazon in Sept of this year (2021).
The VM is running on my UNRAID server.
The workaround I have been using is to edit the VM config and uncheck the conbee II usb device, start the VM, stop the VM, edit the config and add the conbee II device back by clicking the check mark.
I did update the firmware of the conbee II hoping it would aleviate the problem but best I can tell it did not.
I am using the HASSOS qcow2 to boot the VM per these directions.

I am ready to migrate this off of the UNRAID server to another linux host and just run via zigbee2mqtt assuming getting off the VM will resolve the ‘no such device/file’ issue.

Dresden unfortunately does not support users passing through the adapter into a VM. I would check dmesg on the host, odds are you will see many messages related to the adapter as it bootloops and restarts. It’s worth checking for firmware updates in case it’s fixed, but it didn’t seem like they were actively investigating last I looked.

I had similar issues even without a vm (I’m using kvm), and ended up switching to an electrolama zzh! stick. It’s been rock solid being passed through to a vm for 5 months now.