Have Sonoff Zigbee device and would like to add Skyconnect. HowTo?

I have Sonoff Zigbee device and since I have problem to add two new Aqara Door sensors, I would like to add a second Zigbee device (SkyConnect), but do not know how to do that? I know that the devices need to be on separate channels to be able, but how should I do all that?

TIA
//Lars

You probably shouldn’t run two different zigbee networks unless you have a very specific reason to do so. How are you running Zigbee, and how many mains powered devices that route do you have?

1 Like

@fleskefjes is correct that’s not how you solve that issue. A new replacement coordinator may offer different features or a stronger antenna but you don’t ‘add’ another coordinator.

One zigbee network one coordinator.

So I suspect you actually want to troubleshoot your existing network and figure out a possible range or signal or other comms issue?

1 Like

I have 24 sensors (Ikea, Aqara) and when I bought two new Aqara Door sensors, they could not be paired completely correctly with my HA server (Raspberry Pi 4B). They look exactly as my two other and older Aqara Door sensors, but seems different in that they do not react to close/open. I have read that it should be possible to have a second device as long as they don’t run on the same channel.

So no mains powered routers? That’s why you are having trouble. Changing the coordinator won’t help most likely, you need a stronger mesh (more routers). You can flash one of the coordinators with router firmware and join that to the network, and you probably would need some more routers as well. Read this:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/zigbee-networks-how-to-guide-for-avoiding-interference-optimize-using-zigbee-router-devces-repeaters-extenders-to-get-a-stable-zigbee-network-mesh-with-best-possible-range-and-coverage-by-fully-utilizing-zigbee-mesh-networking/

2 Likes

Thanks,that was some new info I didn’t know. I will check that.