HDMI-CEC Errors filling up logs

Greetings

I am on ver core-2021.5.5 on raspberry pi 4 (also try on pi3 same error), have set up the HDMI-CEC integration everything seem to work ok, but the logs is continuously fill up with this error. Anyone come across this before, any advice appreciated.

Error doing job: Exception in callback HDMINetwork._async_callback(’>> f1:00:46:01’)
2:49:10 PM – (ERROR) /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py - message first occurred at 2:46:09 PM and shows up 165 times

Logger: homeassistant
Source: /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py:97
First occurred: 2:46:09 PM (165 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:02:13 PM

Error doing job: Exception in callback HDMINetwork._async_callback(’>> f1:00:46:01’)
Error doing job: Exception in callback HDMINetwork._async_callback(’>> f1:00:8c:01’)
Error doing job: Exception in callback HDMINetwork._async_callback(’>> f1:00:83:01’)
Error doing job: Exception in callback HDMINetwork._async_callback(’>> f1:00:1a:01’)
Error doing job: Exception in callback HDMINetwork._async_callback(’>> f1:00:71:01’)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/events.py”, line 81, in _run
self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pycec/network.py”, line 443, in _async_callback
updated |= self.get_device(i).update_callback(command)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘update_callback’

config.yaml

hdmi_cec:
devices:
1: Apple TV

1 Like

I’m having a similar error. No luck getting USB-CEC to work with Hassio. When I use portainer to log into the ‘homeassistant’ and then open a console under root, I can send the command:

echo "scan" | cec-client -s -d 1

and I actually get the listing of all devices.

But when I’m in the web interface of Hassio I don’t see any HDMI devices, nor do I see any command events when I go to Developer Tools and attempt to listen to events with:

hdmi_cec.cec_command_received

So I know the hardware is connected and the base OS can see it, but I can’t listen to events or see entities.

I also get “not initialized. waiting for init.” for

usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pycec/network.py

Same with me. It was all working correctly before recent updates.

Latest version of Hassio on Raspberry Pi no longer support HDMI-CEC on the Raspberry hardware, there is an add-on that solve all the problem for me. Discussion can be found in this thread.

Many thanks to Samuel Tardieu

1 Like

I am not using the RPi built in HDMI port, though. I’m using an external USB-CEC device by Pulse Eight. Regardless, I will try this and see if it works.