HeaterMeter integration

Wouldn’t it be cool to be able to assign one or more mediaplayers for the task of doing text-to-speach for the defined and enabled alarms?
eg. having the google home mini speak to you when the meat is done… when the chamber temp. drops below threshold and so on.

There is an example automation on how to do this on the github page.

- id: 'bbq_is_ready'
  alias: BBQ is Ready
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: template
    value_template: '{% if states(''heatermeter.probe1_temperature'') | int > states(''heatermeter.probe1_hi'') | int -1 %} true {% endif %}'
  condition:
  - condition: not
    conditions:
    - condition: state
      entity_id: heatermeter.probe1_temperature
      state: Unknown
  action:
  - service: tts.google_translate_say
    entity_id: media_player.living_room_speaker
    data:
  mode: single

You’ll obviously need to change the name of the ‘media_player’.

1 Like

@ledhed - Thanks so much for all your effort on this. Is there any way I can change the temperatures to display in F when my ‘Unit System’ setting in ‘Configuration\General’ is C.

I live in Australia, but use Fahrenheit when I am smoking meat, so that I don’t have to convert all the time when I watch youtube,etc.

Hi @Sumit ,

Sorry for the late reply. The code reads your configured units from Home Assistant. Units used to be set statically but thats not very portable. If I have time I’ll look into creating a ‘unit_override’ parameter.

-LedHed

@Sumit,

I made some changes. You can find them at here.

You can override the HA units by adding ‘unit_system’ under the heatermeter section in your configuration.yaml.

heatermeter:
  host: 10.20.30.40
  api_key: 12ab34cd56ef
  unit_system: imperial

I noticed some odd behavior with the graphs where HA would convert the HM units to match the HA system units. So you might need to remove the custom component and re-add it. I think it has to do with the units that are stored in the history.

Let me know how it works out. If successful I’ll move it into the master branch.

-LedHed

Is anyone else having issues with this intrgation not working? I recently upgrade HA to Home Assistant 2021.6.5 from a previous version where it worked fine. I can’t remember what I was on previously. But, now I get an error that states. Any help would be appreciated.

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/heatermeter/init.py:49
Integration: heatermeter (documentation)
First occurred: 10:03:34 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:03:34 AM

Error during setup of component heatermeter
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 248, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/heatermeter/init.py”, line 49, in setup
hass.data[DOMAIN][CONF_UNIT_SYSTEM] = config[DOMAIN][CONF_UNIT_SYSTEM]
KeyError: ‘unit_system’

Answered my own question. I needed to add: “unit_system: imperial” to my config file.

I’m having issues getting this working. I think I have all the files and configurations correct but I don’t see the heatermeter entity. I don’t see any errors in the log. Anyone have ideas as to what is going on?

I figured out the issue. Seems that this line “units = hass.config.units.name” the units.name is deprecated. I just hardcoded it to units = “IMPERIAL_SYSTEM”.

Now I’m able to see the values from my heatermeter but the setting of the pit temp isn’t working. I’ll try to dig into it and fix it but the errors aren’t very clear to me.