Help getting Vision Z-Wave Remote Key Fob Working

Hi everyone,

I purchased this remote keyfob to use with Home Assistant, I have the aeotech z-stick thing and my zwave network works fine for a light and some sensors so far.

Im having trouble getting the remote to work though. I contacted the company I bought it from and they assure me other customers have got it working with Home Assistant but cannot give me any more information…

My problem seems to be, when it is in scene activation mode, it does not seem to transmit ?

When in the central scene mode, i press a key, and the light blinks and OZW log shows central scene things, but to my knowledge these dont really work in HA…

So I change it over to scene mode, but now when i press buttons, it does not do anything. No light, nothing in the logs, nothing.

Is there anybody else that has this remote and or can help me get it going?

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Edit: this is what I get in OZW log

https://hastebin.com/uxekaqejaz.sql

Edit 2: This is the entity for the remote:

Have you written an automation to capture that event and then, e.g., turn on a light or something?

For example, I have something like this:

- alias: minimote1 scene 1
  # friendly_name: minimote1 scene 1 - button 1 short press
  # - button 1 short press
  initial_state: True
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    event_data:
      entity_id: zwave.minimote1
      scene_id: 1
  action:
    service: homeassistant.turn_on
    entity_id: switch.sonoff1

- alias: minimote1 scene 2
  # friendly_name: minimote1 scene 2 - button 1 long press
  # - button 1 long press
  initial_state: True
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    event_data:
      entity_id: zwave.minimote1
      scene_id: 2
  action:
    service: homeassistant.turn_off
    entity_id: switch.sonoff1

To use my Aeon Labs Minimote remote controls.

You’ll want to look at your open zware log file to figure out which scene numbers correspond to which buttons…

There IS no event :((

Im trying to wrap my head around the modifications to the xml file but Im finding it really confusing…

I think I was able to modify the xml correctly with the central command things,but i still dont get events fired in HA…

I just purchased one of these also. When I press a button, the following appears in ozw log:

2018-10-05 12:52:56.306 Info, Node016, Received Central Scene set from node 16: scene id=1 in 0 seconds. Sending event notification.
2018-10-05 12:52:56.306 Warning, Node016, No ValueID created for Scene 1

I have the same problem. I can’t see the event occur in HASS but it does occur in the OZW log!

I never had any luck with this: ((

Smarthome.com.au lied to me about it being compatible with Home Assistant it seems…

It should be possible to get this to work if you make some changes to your zwcfg file. Let’s go out on a limb here and see if it’s possible.

I’d say the operating mode you need here is Central Scene Mode (use manual to find out how to set the switch). Looking at the instruction manual, it seems that you’ve got three possible gestures here: short press, long press, and release after a long press.

Without having a fob on me, I’m going to say this should work.

First, edit your zwcfg file per the instructions here.

Instead of the xml code in the example there, use the code below.

<CommandClass id="91" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true" scenecount="0">
	<Instance index="1" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Scene Count" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="1" label="Scene 1" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="2" label="Scene 2" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="3" label="Scene 3" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="4" label="Scene 4" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="5" label="Other" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
</CommandClass>

When you’ve started up HA again, try making some example automations. Based on the instructions, I’m suspecting the following:

• node_id: the node of your key fob
  • scene_id: the number button you pressed
  • scene_data: the type of press, which will be one of these:
Action scene_data
Single press 0
Button release 1
Long press 2

Give that a try and see if you have any success.

1 Like