HELP - Hassio is DEAD after power outage

This worked! I downgraded to 0.93 because I already had the latest version.
Thanks for your help!

Nice, now you should be able to upgrade and all will be well. Make sure you get a snapshot and put it on a different computer!

1 Like

similar problem. could not do much in CLI

for me it was some SPECIAL CHARACTERS in automation.yaml that killed the running then boot of HA.

for me:

1. SMB into the virtual box instal of HA. root user. same password setup in SMB. you obviously need to install SMB right away when core install. SMB seems to get setup and run very early in the boot (which is great/smart) ensuring you can have access to your .YAML files and .LOG.

2. checked the ha log (.LOG file)

3. find your problem :wink:

I have the same problem, I am using ssd with latest version of HA. SSH not working, any other solutions?

Have you had a similar problem in the past ?
Any clues in the log ?

Yes had same problem before but was using sd card, every time had to re-install hassOS, logs seem normal

Are you using recommended rPi power supply ?

I had the same issues with SD cards and finally upgraded to USB HDD to try and resolve the issue.
It didn’t :sob:. Still the system was unable to boot randomly after restarts or upgrades.

Only recently realised that I was using an old Samsung phone charger to power my pi.
Upgraded to a recommended power supply and haven’t had any issues since.

yes 2.5A (PRi 3 b+) CanaKit power supply
https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Premium-Clear-Supply/dp/B07BC7BMHY/ref=sr_1_5?crid=CRQL9OATRJW2&dchild=1&keywords=raspberry+pi+3&qid=1602071029&sprefix=raspberry+pi+3+%2Caps%2C-1&sr=8-5