Help in getting the iOS app to work

Good day everyone,

I’ve set up home-assistant in a docker container on an Ubuntu LTS 18.04 Server machine at home.
Working locally or with the ddns my ISP provides me, on HTTP worked fine and I were very ecstatic.
To secure my server for remote access I decided to try SSL certificates. Since I have to use the ddns that my ISP provides me and cannot use others (like DuckDNS), I chose the NGINX with self signed certificates option (https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/ecosystem/nginx/).
On a PC the the host works great and connects to home-assistant via HTTPS, but on my phone (iOS) nothing: not on chrome, safari or the app. Luckily I saw this problem in the forums and so I followed the instructions and installed the certificate on my phone (and gave it root permission). Unfortunately it didn’t change much: the app still don’t work, and safari just keeps refreshing the page.
About that I found this (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50467720/safari-constantly-reload-pages-with-custom-ca-certificate), that maybe could be related, but I don’t know how to follow the answer.

Since everything works great on a pc, it’s really a bummer not being able to access home-assistant on the phone, where it would be most useful… Has anyone got an idea how to fix this (or an alternative method to secure remote access) ?

Thanks a lot !

I don’t understand why this is so… Using duckDNS has nothing to do with your ISP.

Unfortunately I have to use the router that my ISP provides, and I cannot access it’s configuration to, for example, open ports to enable duckDNS. The only thing I can do it’s access a personal page on their web where I can specify which ports I open to their ddns. For each one of them I get a specific page and port and that’s it… I think that this makes it impossible to have a personal ddns like duck’s one, though please tell me if I’m wrong… Besides, that’s not the problem

what is your ios version?
Apple tightened sign-self certificate rules on ios13.

and i’ve wirtten a guide on how to generate a valid self-signed certificate according to Apple’s new rules.
Link_to_guide

Thank you! Yes, it’s iOS 13. I will try your guide and see if it works

Again, all duckdns does is update a record to show what your current IP address is. It has nothing to do with ports, your router, your ISP, etc.

I think what you might be trying to say is your ISP-owned router does not give you access to forward an inbound port from from the router to your instance of Home Assistant. If this is the case, then you are correct in that it will stop you from using home assistant from outside your house without using the Home Assistant Cloud.

However, I’m confused by your statement that your ISP has a page where enter ports… Is there anyway to post a screen shot of that page?