Help With Aeotec ZW100 MultiSensor 6

I am trying to configure my MultiSensor from the OZCP. I see the device there but it is not allowing me to make any changes, most notably, changing it from a Basic Set to Binary Sensor Report. I click the drop down and change it, but within seconds it changes it back. It doesn’t matter if the thing is awake or sleeping. I currently have it USB powered while I test it and get it configured. I can see it in HA, I have it set up there in its own group, with friendly names, etc.

Anyone have any ideas of how I can change the configuration on this? I even tried modifying the ZWave Config XML file and as soon as I restart HA, the changes revert back.

This one took me a little while to get going, but IIRC, it was a matter of changing the parameter in OZCP per these instructions and then “wake” it up to accept them. I just checked and mine is NOT set to Binary Sensor Report, but my Group 1 Reports parameter is 241.

I believe I followed this guide: Z-Wave Polling Questions Answered

@roddie That information is extremely helpful, thank you for that.

However, the problem I am having is actually setting values. I set a value or change a configuration item and within seconds it will refresh and wipe out my settings. It was just sheer dumb luck I managed someone to change the motion time-out from 5 minutes to 1 minute and I am still not sure how I accomplished that.

My Group 1 Report was already 241 but somehow I managed to change the report interval to 15 minutes between refreshes but it took many tries.

@StormStrikes I believe the process I use is to open OZWCP, wake up the sensor so it shows “Ready”, and then set the value and submit.

@roddie Okay, that helps. The first MultiSensor I added never shows that, even after pressing the action button three times. The second one I just added did show that initially, I guess I need to go back to the OZWCP and see if I can get it to do it again just to make sure.

I just re-checked that. The first one I added only ever shows Dynamic (awake), the newest one I added, however, shows ready.

To configure to Aeotec Mutlisensor 6, hold the action button for three seconds, the Aeotec light will flash yellow indicating that it is awake and ready for configuration commands. Make all the changes you need, then press the action button once to place it back into normal operating mode.

1 Like

Yeah, I have tried that, but it will only show Dynamic (awake), it never shows Ready.

As long as the light is flashing yellow you’re good. If commands are not updating I’d suggest restart ozwcp as I’ve had issues with it accurately representing state. If you’re experiencing other issues be sure you’re running the latest firmware on the Multisensor.

1 Like

Okay, I just updated both sensors and my SmartSwitch 6 with the latest firmware, but so far the MultiSensors are not showing back up in HA.

Unfortunately z-wave isn’t the most plug and play solution for sensors and I too have spent many hours troubleshooting and attempting to get my configuration setup. To note, doing a firmware update requires you to re-pair the sensors and switches with the controller (z-stick or equivalent)

So I am gathering. However, I did repair the multisensors. I updated the firmware on the SmartSwitch too but did not have to re-pair it with the ZStick. So I am not sure where to start. My bluetooth tracker is not working now either. Just freakin’ crazy stuff going on and its getting a bit frustrating.

FWIW - I just did a firmware update without unpairing or re-paring my Multisensor. YMMV.

Man, what a finicky little thing HA can be.

I had to remove all references (well, comment them out) to the MultiSensors and Smart Switch in my configuration and group files. Once I did that and restarted HA, everything showed up. Now that that is out of the way, I need to figure out why the Bluetooth tracker is not working any longer.

Thank you, everyone, for your help. Working with HA can be frustrating at times, but this awesome community of help keeps one plugging along.

1 Like