Help with compensating for an off/on bug in Fibaro dimmer 2

Hi,
I have finally taken the leap and I have just migrated away from openhab into HA. I have 26 Fibaro 2 Dimmers that I purchased a few years ago. Those dimmers have a bug where in they would turn off immediately after switching them on. Now if i repeatedly keep turning them on they would eventually turn on. On openhab on the zwave binding there were 2 options for the command. 1 Received Command(usually when turning on/off the switch using the openhab app), 2. Received Update (typically when switch is turned on usingg the physical switch). I created a virtual light switch that would be presented to openhab and I had a rule/automation setup on it where in if the switch received command =“ON” then send On command to the device 5 times with a delay of 150ms between them. Similarly if it received an update from the device and if the device was off before then send on the on command with a preset brightness 5 times over 100ms and update the virtual switch with brightness. This way the brightness would be set based on time of day by sending brightness as a variable(value set based on time of day).

I am trying to recreate the behaviour as I have factory reset the dimmers, Tried it with and without the dimmer bypass modules, Change softstart parameters, Disabled doubleclick to set brightness to 100%etc. I have finally resigned myself to having it managed using automation. Keeping in mind that I have 25 dimmer modules I did set them up as groups and if a member of the group triggerred it (received command/received update) the rule would be run.

I am new to YAML and HA and am at a loss on what to do here… Any help would me massively appreciated.
Cheers,
Apache

I think you can do this. I have a similar problem with a fans control.

Create one of these.

Then in the scripts to run the different commands implement your retries.

Thanks Pete. i too have been thinking along those lines. I was slightly confused between using this one and creating a variation of [General] Sync switches

Cheers

Glad to help. I’m having a variety of issue with setting and then having zwavejs devices polled. I may build a wrapper that could be injected into HA and transparently do stuff like this via config.

1 Like