Help with GE/Jasco Switch - GE Unknown: type=4944, id=3135

Hello, I purchased 3 of these before I did research and they are having dimming problems. Most people say changing the Node Config Option 7 to a lower setting. However, mine are showing up in HA as the title line and I have no Node config options. I would rather not re-sell them if i don’t have to. Can anyone provide some assistance? Thank you in advance!

I found the product information below.
GE Dimmer Z-Wave Alliance Product

GE/Jasco Dimmer Configuration Capabilities

Sort of a newbie here, second-year wizard. Which means I am as often wrong as I am right.
Config Options depends on the device. My Inovelli switches have no Config Options, while my Aeotec Nano Switch does. My GE light (not the dimmer model) has two options, 3: LED Light (1 selected) and 4 Invert Switch (0 selected).

Until today I did not know what those parameters did, but I could guess. Thanks for the link to the Z-Wave product website.

Make sure you restart HA. It can take a couple of restarts for devices to become known and information to fill in.

Thank you for the advice! I have rebooted the PI 2-3 at least since then and no change.

Did you ever figure this out?

I’ve actually added this information manually for the config options in the zwcfg_XXXX file but it still doesn’t show up

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/583?layout=openzwave

I arrived at this thread having the same problem, and I’ve fixed it. This is because Open ZWave has only recently (5 months ago) added support for this device. The commit is here:

pip install --upgrade python-openzwave did not cause the ge/46203-dimmer.xml file to appear, as I guess the python project lags the main project by some significant margin. I successfully fixed this problem by manually inserting the XML into openzwave:

• I took the 46203-dimmer.xml file that appears in the commit linked above, put it in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config/ge/
  • Added that one line change from manufacter_specific.xml in the linked commit to the GE section of my manufacturer_specific.xml at /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config/
  • Stopped homeassistant
  • Deleted the entire Node entry for this device in ozw_xxxxx.cfg
  • Started homeassistant again
  • Not sure if I actually had to “Refresh Node”, “Print Node”, or “Heal Node” but did all those things
  • Restart homeassistant again

At that point it showed up as the correct device name, was controllable, and had a few options for changing dimming parameters, led mode, switch handling, etc.

Presumably these changes in Open ZWave will propagate to the project that homeassistant depends on in the not too distant future and none of this will be necessary anymore, but this technique is applicable for any new hardware that has been added to OZW recently.

1 Like