Here is a puzzle for you all... is there a simple solution for a problem like this?

From the link above:

If the BUTTON TYPE of the switch connected to the device is set to momentary or detached switch , integration fires events under the type shelly.click when the switch is used. You can use these events in your automations.

LISTENING FOR EVENTS

You can subscribe to the shelly.click event type in Developer Tools/Events in order to examine the event data JSON for the correct parameters to use in your automations. For example, shelly.click returns event data JSON similar to the following when you press the Shelly Button1.

Event 0 fired 9:53 AM:
{
    "event_type": "shelly.click",
    "data": {
        "device_id": "e09c64a22553484d804353ef97f6fcd6",
        "device": "shellybutton1-A4C12A45174",
        "channel": 1,
        "click_type": "single",
        "generation": 1
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2021-04-28T08:53:12.755729+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "e0f379706563aaa0c2c1fda5174b5a0e",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

The using an automation:

Sorry @Holdestmade, though the switch is set to momentary, while listening to ‘shelly.click’ I see nothing. even while triggering the shelly module from within HA. i followed the documentation of shelly, but with no luck. nun of my shelly register anything under this event type. i can only guess im doing something wrong.

i tried listening to some ZHA events and those register just fine.

Very strange, no more ideas I’m afraid

thanks man! i appreciate your help so far.

Don’t suppose it’s this ?

the same :slight_smile:

What is your CoIoT setting on the shelly?

hey man, sorry for the delay.
not sure i know how to answer this question (so… default probably, as i did not change this setting as far as my poor knowledge goes…).

could you tell me what to look for and where, so i can better answer that?

That’s what the link above points to

MY MEN!
thanks you all for the pointers! i had no idea about the ‘CoIoT peer’ - but that fixed the delay problem in HA for me.
CoIoT was enabled, but i never entered the “peer” address with the right port.

now HA registers the switch being triggered faster than the ‘IP web’/‘shelly app’.

thanks guys!
love this community
cheers!

PS
not sure what should i mark as the “solution” for this thread. its @nickrout who suggested to check the CoIoT settings that acctualy made me go and check it, but i think @Holdestmade has pointed me there too, its just that my stupidity blinded me from seeing it…
:slight_smile:
let me know what would be the right marker for this thread, that will help other like he who lost their way…