Hey Insteon users!

It does sadden me that Insteon did this to its users and to what I thought was a great suite of products. I have been purchasing their products for over 13 years and have over 60 in my house. I did however use this opportunity to replace it all with z-wave and wifi devices and I can honestly say, I will never look back. Transitioning to z-wave plus the amazing work by the Home Assistant teams bring truly such a great home automation experience. Again, I thank you all.

1 Like

Great work guys. I am heavily invested in Insteon. 100+ devices controlling just about every thing in my home. I abandoned the Insteon hub years ago and switched to ISY some 4 years ago. They messed me up by breaking Z-Wave compatibility with an ISY update and told me to purchase a new ISY. I switched fully to hassio and nabucasa about a year ago now and never looked back. Keep it comminā€¦

You abandoned a Hub, still you must have a PLM.

Insteon works really well, although Iā€™m having a problem trying to remove devices from my USB modem stick. It keeps saying you have to remove the integration before deleting but I want to keep the Insteon integration. So confusingā€¦

Has anybody successfully removed an Insteon device from their USB stick and can tell me how to?

Once I found the Insteon hub on this screen, I could click the devices link and find all the Insteon devices. It took a while to get to this point, but from this point things got better quickly.
Hope this helps.

Iā€™m trying to figure out if there is a way to edit or delete the Insteon scenes that still work but some I need to change. Not sure what happens if I try to add an automation on the same button that has an Insteon scene.

Is it possible to still use my X10 devices?
I have added them back into my Insteon devices and they are not responding.

Are they seen in HA?

What do logs say?

I added 2 light switches, and they show on and off in HA, just not changing device. Not sure where to find the logs for Insteon with the new layout.

supported_color_modes:
  - brightness
insteon_address: X10.B.06
insteon_group: 1
friendly_name: Basement Marque B6
supported_features: 0

Logs are clearly marked in settings|system|logs.

Thanks, I do not see anything in logs when I turn X10 lights on and off. Is there a way to increase logging?

There certainly is :slight_smile:

I am not getting errors.
Here are the log events. DO I need to do anything on switch to get it working?

2022-05-12 07:00:37 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b07 group 1 value 80
2022-05-12 07:00:39 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b07 group 1 value 90
2022-05-12 07:00:57 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b07 group 1 value 100
2022-05-12 07:00:58 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b07 group 1 value 110
2022-05-12 07:00:58 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b07 group 1 value 120
2022-05-12 07:01:00 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b07 group 1 value 130
2022-05-12 07:01:00 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b06 group 1 value 11
2022-05-12 07:01:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b06 group 1 value 22
2022-05-12 07:01:06 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b06 group 1 value 33
2022-05-12 07:01:07 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device x10b06 group 1 value 44

What is the number at the bottom 22 when defining X10 device?

I tried the service Insteon X10 all units off and got the following errors.

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/insteon/utils.py", line 235, in async_srv_x10_all_lights_on
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyinsteon/managers/x10_manager.py", line 17, in async_x10_all_lights_on
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyinsteon/x10_address.py", line 65, in create
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/insteon/utils.py", line 225, in async_srv_x10_all_units_off
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyinsteon/managers/x10_manager.py", line 11, in async_x10_all_units_off
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyinsteon/x10_address.py", line 65, in create
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/insteon/utils.py", line 225, in async_srv_x10_all_units_off
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyinsteon/managers/x10_manager.py", line 11, in async_x10_all_units_off

I did get this error.

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:598
Integration: Light (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:21:27 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:21:27 AM

Platform insteon does not generate unique IDs. ID x10b09 already exists - ignoring light.x10_dimmable_switch_x10_b_09

I seem to have this same problem! I have a couple of Insteon devices that all of a sudden I can no longer control via HA. When I toggle the switch in the HA dashboard nothing happens on the device and a second or two later, the switch on the dashboard moves back to the original position it was in. HA also doesnā€™t update the status of the switch if I adjust it manually on the wall. Since this started happening, Iā€™ve since upgraded HA to the latest version twice, Iā€™ve manually reset the switches and even unplugged the Hub v2 (which Iā€™m using for the integration) and still nothing. These dimmer switches are newer models and have no issues whatsoever and were working with HA before. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the issue?

If anyone paid handsomely for a PLM I sold recently thank you and Iā€™m sorry. The money was needed though. I still have my PLM and have used Insteon out of the cloud for several years with OH but pairing is nowhere near par with what HA does. I almost got cranky when a few devices didnā€™t come over but was able to set the PLM in pairing mode in HA then go tap my devices and add them in real quick. Between HA and Linknet Iā€™ve actually deleted my HouseLinc VM. Insteon terminal isnā€™t worth the trouble either. Now I just have to wait for MQTT to get better in HA.

I was having a similar issue and was able to fix it by adding the default links and writing that to the device. I had to do it for both the hub and the switch itself.

1 Like

For all those who may be interested, I created some cards to make things a bit easier.

1. You can explore existing Insteon Groups and see what devices are in the group already.
  2. You can select a new device, set its properties in preparation to add to a group
  3. You can add the device to that group (or a new group if you are creating a whole new one) or you can delete it from a group in which it already exists
  4. You can test the group at any time

Would love some testing if anyone is interested. One issue that certainly exists is not support direct device to device links, this only deals with groups in the Hub/PLM. It is more designed for how I use Insteon (I thought I would use all those pretty six-button controllers and now never do). It also does not ā€œautoā€ update when adding/deleting things.

insteon3

Iā€™d like to try out your work. How do get the code?

I can post it all here, it is a lot of stuff.
Or maybe if only a few, just email and we can continue offline.

[email protected]