Hide logbook and history for user

I’ve been waiting patiently for this as well, by now we can set some dashboards to be admin only though:

require_admin: true

Also works for dashboards that are ‘UI Controlled’ instead of ‘YAML file’ under Settings > Dashboards

Unfortunately the ones I’m aiming to shield from normal users, being Energy, Logbook, History & Map are not there.

1 Like

For anyone who absolutely wants to restrict user access. For most non-tech users this should work without issues. For tech users they can circumvent your settings if they know how.

Login as the user. Then under the user profile do the following:

1. Always hide sidebar: enable
  2. Change the order and hide items from sidebar: EDIT
  3. Remove all sidebar items you want hidden
  4. Click DONE at the top to save your changes

did you verify on a new device/private browser window? It will show default settings, not what you have set up on the device you took the screenshots on.

You are absolutely correct it only applies to the browser you are on. For device independent control of what others can see there is only one name in the game (it does more than it says on the tin):

Use HACS to install this integration.

1 Like

This is really disappointing that we cannot hide logbook, history, map, energy… and on the other hand dashboards have visibility option where you can hide it from other users. I don’t understand what is so different in side menu and menu in header. It is very frustrating, it is not about security but more about privacy, why should I let someone see history of sensitive data and at the same time be limited to give them permission to turn the light on and off.

Kiosk-mode is a workaround solution to some extent but there are some issues with that approach, if you hide entire sidebar, how can user enter companion settings on Mobile device for example or notification?

I know this is a hobby project and people are focusing on other features but still I don’t see why this is so hard to implement as it is already partially there for dashboard pages.

1 Like

Was going to give my Nanny access but with the “Media” tab she has access to ALL my cameras… yeah no thanks. This issue is so silly.

Yes, I am also looking for ways to give guests a restricted view, control lighting and similar, nothing more.

I currently do this with a second Home Assistant instance and remote HA (HACS), but this is extremely annoying to manage, updating twice, maintaining dashboards on both sides… ect.

A good way to restrict entities would be really necessary.